Christmas spirit

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Garry R

Christmas spirit

Post by Garry R »

This is a great video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9o ... r_embedded

Nearest CVRDA could get would be Alan Williams singing a rugby song in the showers at Clywedog.
roger

Re: Christmas spirit

Post by roger »

Thats lovely nearly had Angie in tears. What agreat idea. (no not big Al singing in the showers)
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thanks Garry!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Ahhh.....
Pat

Post by Pat »

Brilliant! Now imagine a Flash Mob at the Dinghy Show....
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just announce 1/2 price beer and you'll get one...
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

This was lovely Garry though in some ways I wish you hadn't posted it - I found it very hard to settle down and get any work done after I'd listened to this 3 times!

I did not know if I should laugh or cry - the comment about big Al singing in the showers was, as they say. priceless!. Way back when - in the golden oldie days of the Hornet, there was one sailor (NOT Al...) who would often do a 'turn' in the showers! This is far too polite a place to describe it, suffice to say that you had to sit down you were laughing so much!

So thanks for the link and for raising up the memory.... real christmas spirit that one, just what was needed at what is now a cold and snowy day (yes, even on the sun kissed banks of the costa del hamble river)

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks Garry
Really enjoyed it. Although I'm Welsh I have a really bad singing voice and used to prefer to tell the tale of Eskimo Nell all 100 plus verses when blind drunk at hornet sessions ( I could only remember it when in that condition). However I have grown up at bit since then or maybe it's just age but now I can't remember any of it drunk or sober.
Cheers Al
chris

Post by chris »

I tried to start up a chorus of 'Why are we waiting?' in the pub at lunchtime...(sometimes I'm forced to have a pub lunch you see) but I didn't get the same reception for some reason, can't think why.
Chris

PS any one lend me a few quid for bail please?

PPSS I did enjoy the video but it did remind me of a couple of years ago when I was on tour with the Bath Philharmonic providing the harpsichord... 10 performances of Messiah in nine days. The full Messiah is nearly three hours so omething like that for a performance would have been very refreshing. ( I'm sure the tradition of standing for the Hal.Chorus has nothing to do with King George, its just a good excuse to stretch your legs before the next hour and a half)

PPPPPSSSSS
Interesting the number of comments that have been removed as being too objectionable. How can any one be negative about that? And why do they want to spoil it anyway?

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Praise the lord we won't have to put up with Al's singing then. (Happy Christmas Al)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Chris...

Can't spare the few quid but worry not as you'll have me for company when we are breaking rocks up on Dartmoor (do they still do that or has 'elf and safety for prisoners stopped all that malarkey!)

I've got my reading material through BTW - thanks very much, I hadn't fully realised just how much of a role Hayling Island had played in the early days of the Merlin Rocket Class. Your information ties in nicely with some material that I've got from the people who are looking at the history of HISC - I've got a very nice picture of the then Class Chairman with his boat there in 1949.

The problem now is that I'm getting almost too much detail for just one period - if I carried this through the complete history of the class, I'd have a tome like War and Peace!

Well, that is me now, guilty as charged for the heinious crime of thread hijacking, I can but hope that the team from points south west will come up to the 'moor on visiting days....

Cheers again

D
David H
chris

Post by chris »

Glad you found something of interest, David.