Bloody Mary

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
roger

Re: Bloody Mary

Post by roger »

TW15 1UA

Junction 1 of the M3.

We will be there from around 9.00 make your self known to us. There will be loads of boats so I will pm my mobile number to you. Race finishes about 2.30 so we will be off the water around threeish.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Demon

Post by Demon »

Thanks Roger,

Will be around 10-30ish, will give you a call when i get there.
roger

Post by roger »

Well I survived. Young steve sailed well and didnt tip me in. saw lots of old friends and Rupert was ahead of us last time I saw him though I understand he retired. What happened Rupert.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Demon

Post by Demon »

Sorry i missed you yesterday Roger,

Arrived about 11.40 and gave you a call but figured you were on the water.

Stayed till 1.00pm to see Steve Cockerill take the lead at mark No. 9 in the Graduate but the weather was getting to much for me and my cold :cry:

Catch up with you another time :wink:
roger

Post by roger »

Mark, Sorry we missed you. I left my phone with Nessa and told her you might ring. Must have been deep in a pocket and not heard. Yes we launched about the time you arrived. never mind hope you dont feel it was a wasted journey. Next time
Did you get stuck on the m25 i know several boats were late.
Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Demon

Post by Demon »

M25 was fine, just the roadworks.
Felt that bad yesterday i was unsure if i was going to come at all!

By the time i had decided what i was doing and had stopped for diesel it meant i was a lot later than originally planned :roll: :roll:

Not a wasted journey, it was great to see over 200 boats out! They didnt start commentry till about 40 minutes into the race so was difficult to tell what was going off!!

Was good to see some of them with kites up even in those windy conditions, and a good mix of boats too.

Will meet up at some point :wink:
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just the feeling of impending doom as I tried to bear off onto the run, Roger - there was no way I was going to make it through in that squall in the Lightning, and with the number of bugs around in this house I didn't fancy the dunking...
Rupert
Demon

Post by Demon »

Rupert wrote:there was no way I was going to make it through in that squall in the Lightning
Is that the one that came through about 12-20 / 12-30?

Watching from the clubhouse it didnt look pleasent, luckily it never reached us!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thats the one.

Should have taken the Minisail - much more stable! Mind, I've not actually got her wet, yet.
Rupert
johnconradlee

Post by johnconradlee »

Interesting to see you say "should have taken the Minisail". I thought about taking mine (on top of a rib a friend of mine was sending up as a safety boat) but realised that I was too late to add it to the list of classes. I then found another friend had given away her Topper which I also thought of borrowing. Then I found out I had a funeral to attend the same day so I didn't go at all. Maybe next year.....
John Lee
GP2289
Minisail 2666

"A boat is a large hole in the water into which you pour money"