The ultimate Oxymoron.

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Michael Brigg

The ultimate Oxymoron.

Post by Michael Brigg »

Here's a bit of a conundrum.

Terrific price, and wooden foils :)

For all that we have ourselves classic intent, is is clear from a perusal of the "signature" inventories, that there are more than a few L****'s out there,... Guilty pleasures that are good for thrashing in conditions are too risky for taking out the crown jewels...or where we just want an easy faffage free sail, or the rest of your mates on the day in question are doing the l**** series.

Whatever.

So... when do you bite the bullet.

A classic L****! :twisted:

Tempted? I am!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-Sailing ... 27fa485f0a

Though the beard looks a bit "a la mode!"
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Re: The ultimate Oxymoron.

Post by Rupert »

I was temped to grow a beard like that again! But it would be very grey now.

Yes, I was also tempted when I saw it, but then realized you actually get the worst of both worlds - an uncompetitive Laser that is a pretty pointless classic, once you get past the wooden bits. Unless it stays really cheap of course - then there is a reason to buy.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Banana shaped booms were certainly the fashion in those days!

We still keep Sandy's Laser 22150 which spent its early life as an officers' plaything on HMS Edinburgh, hence the battleship grey colour scheme. It's been a "take to the beach" boat and taught a son and his son to sail so always useful though it needs a nose job now.
With the new radial handicap up and the Albacore down though, it's tempting to use it as a club racer - the price of a second Longleat licence is the killer.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sandy needs to get his Laser out! I only sold 21604 four years ago, and not long ago I managed a top 20 finish at the Laser Inlands at Chew from over 100 entries. I'm tempted too, with a new sail I'm sure it could be at the front of a decent club fleet. I found with mine though that on the sea is a different, at Clevedon I had to aggressively cover all the newer Lasers to try and stop them coming past, which most of them did over time.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

The problem with adopting this style is not so much the beard...it is the incredibly short shorts...
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.