How sought after are wooden GP14s?

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
nickbw

How sought after are wooden GP14s?

Post by nickbw »

I have finally woken up to the fact my two children have grown up left school and moved away from home. I no longer have any helping hands to help me with shifting dinghys and trailers around but I still have two dinghys, an Enterprise and a GP 14, both wooden and the latter even has its original wooden mast. I am no longer going to have the opportunity to sail them, so it makes sence to find them new homes. They come with road trollies and vairious sets of sails. I don't have any photos of them and although in the past they have been dry stored, now they are kept out of doors with two layers of tarp. I do not like Ebay and the lottery of puting items for sail there. Does anyone have ideas of how to contact someone who would genuinly value such boats and want to give them a new lease of life?
Rupert

Re: How sought after are wooden GP14s?

Post by Rupert »

The for sale pages here would be a start. There is also a Facebook group call dinghies and bits for sale which has a large following, but not wood specific.

In general there seem to be more wooden boats than potential owners, but good examples are still of interest to many.
Rupert
nickbw

Re: How sought after are wooden GP14s?

Post by nickbw »

Thanks Rupert for the suggestions, I appreciate it. Nick