Hello everyone

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
smilie

Hello everyone

Post by smilie »

After a long while lurking around the forum I thought it was long overdue I introduced myself.

After a 10 year break from sailing a couple of years ago I accidently got back into after popping down the sailing club I learnt to sail at. This end lead to the purchase of one of the now very rare daggerboard national 12’s after spotting it on the 12 forum and deciding it was a chance to good to miss. N2905 Subversion has since had a full repaint and still going strong and is probably the only daggerboard 12 sailing regularly. With Subversion getting a bit old for the winder races I also for my sins I acquired N3322 Soapdish. This is an interesting boat to sail and always gets looks when she’s parked up outside the sailing club.

Aside from introducing myself I thought a post was in order before I started to break up the collection of boats we have had stashed in our barns for a number of years. Apart from a large collection of Mirrors in varying states of repair and an Enterprise we also have an Pacer, earlyish Heron (970) with the rigging of the same vintage and Mayfly 206 with all its original rigging. If anyone is interested in any other drop me a message. Over the next couple of months I will also be posting them on the ‘For Sale’ section of the forum.

Happy boat bimbling.

Smilie
Rupert

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Rupert »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I assume it is you I sold a trailer to a while back? I think you mentioned Soapdish back then.
Rupert
smilie

Post by smilie »

Yup that was me and Soapdish now lives on the trolley.
chris

Post by chris »

Welcome to the CVRDA! Sounds as if you have been a dormant member for many years anyway. I know the 12s have an active vintage wing too so these plenty of chances to join in things.
Yes I'm sure people will be interested in some of the contents of your barns.
Chris