Big Brother's collection....going under the hammer...

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Ed
Site Admin

Big Brother's collection....going under the hammer...

Post by Ed »

Since I have already taken things well off topic.....

I just thought that I havn't mentioned that my brother's 'classic' collection is being auctioned off in a couple of weeks.

No boats I am afraid, but a few fun cars and bikes. Although I know this isn't really our scene here....I do know that I am not the only one who also shares a love of old classic road-vehicles as well as boats....so maybe there will something of interest to some of you. :-)

The auctioneers have some pages at: https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... ollection/

and the Daily Mirror wrote some kringeworthy text at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bike.html

The Auction listing is at: https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... mber-2018/

I will be going up, just to watch what happens....

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
bornagainmothie

Re: Big Brother's collection....going under the hammer...

Post by bornagainmothie »

You're quite right Ed, its not just old boats that appeal although they are considerably cheaper and need to be gathered up now while we can to make our fortunes later (thats my excuse anyway).
What a fabulous collection of rare and obscure vehicles, thank you for sharing them. "Ebay in one hand and a glass of wine in another." is a lesson for all of us there.

I would love to join you at the auction but I could get into so much trouble!!!!!

Cheers

Lyndon
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

I recall you had a white Austin A30 or A35 some years ago?

I must confess to having a small modest collection of "velo vintage" in the garage alongside the OK and the Gull. Thirteen in all and yes, I do ride them all regularly although not at the same time. I ride at least one everyday. They range from 1961 to 1994. British, French, German, Swiss and Austrian. Great fun and certainly cheaper to run than classic cars.
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

yes, the Austin was my ex-wife's.....gone now.

I try to keep collections down to 'one of each kind'....both boats and bikes, makes it easier to give them regular use.

With bikes I like to use them.....and must go jump on the Motoguzzi to get to work.

later

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it