Disposal

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
Michael Brigg

Disposal

Post by Michael Brigg »

I have a "guilty secret" L***r sitting in a boat park and paying a worthless berthing fee, as I never use it and when I last looked at it, the deck finish has become "powdery" and there is a separation developing between the hull and the deck affecting most of the port side. (No doubt the consequence of past l***r fleet sailing! :) )

I have seen the light and have taken a pledge that I will not relapse and have accepted it needs to be made to disappear.

But, a boat scrap merchant demanded @£200 for a proper disposal :evil:

What to do?

If cut up into flat sections I can take it a few pieces at a time to dispose of at the local tip.

Jig saw or Angle grinder? Any other ideas?
Michael Brigg
Michael4

Re: Disposal

Post by Michael4 »

Reciprocating saw. I managed to get a Reliant Scimitar down to the tip in this way (well the body only).

If the unmentionable is full of foam it might get quite messy!

Quite fun though for those with a mean streak.
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Had a similar issue with an old composite Phantom hull. I stripped all the fittings of it and put it on eBay for £0.99 starting price. It went for £10.50. Unfortunately the winner had trailer problems on the way to collect (did send my photographic proof of the suspension unit failing!), so he told me to keep the money and give the boat away.

So, the second attempt was to place an advert for a free boat hull on FaceBook Marketplace. I was inundated with enquiries. People seem to want feee stuff. The boat was collected the next day. so my advice is to advertise it foe free on Facebook MarketPlace and make sure you have also advertise in the local FB for sale groups.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

Stick it on the Facebook Dinghies and Dinghy bits for sale - someone might want to repair it.
Photo, price and location are required.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dinghies/
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Sorry to burden you with my ongoing saga...

I still have L***r "White Trailer-trash" now sitting in my garden and creating a certain amount of unmarital bliss! Like all guilty secrets however she can still serve a purpose.

My latest plans to do the IC10m Nationals and Europeans in TormentK102 having repaired a monumental leak around the mast step was sadly curtailed whhen I stuck my thumb in harms way just before the start of the first race and I have been "Off games" since, with a gruesome tale of infected 'K-Wires.' (Not what you want with an unstable Thumb fracture. :cry:

So, Torment will have to have the original "Bacon slicer" yoke for the sliding seat removed and replaced with a safer mechanism.... (I was lucky not to have amputated the whole digit!)

My sailing fun for the foreseeable future lies with a repair to WT-T's decks, Currently widely separating and revealing all her insides. Not a pretty site. However it is my theory that it will be easier to pull up the entire deck and put in a generous fillet of resin and a bit of class tape before G-clamping it all back together again

A garden spade has been an unusual aid in getting things underway! Surprisingly little on the inside other than 3 sealed air bagas. The two parts (deck and hull) remain conjoined at the Plate case and fortunately do not need the services of the Great Ormond St. neurology team with their 3D printer etc.

Currently I am letting it all dry off before my proposed "operation." WT-T might rise again like Frankenstein's Monster... Any (Helpful) comments?
Michael Brigg