4.10 Class.

an area to discuss dinghy developments
davidh

4.10 Class.

Post by davidh »

Hi all,

here is one to set the pulses a racing!

How about...13'5" dinghy, round bilged - with cold moulded (or hot moulded I suppose, with veneers at 45' it could be) - quite a sweet hull shape if a bit uffa foxy (though the max depth may be a bit further aft towards the mid point that you'd get in a fox boat). One noteable feature is that the hog is quite pronounced, standing pround against the hull skin.

Sailing insignia - - well..... how about 4.10. The sail number is 15 so it does not look a lone off. HOWEVER, do not read everything just into the sail as the boat has a nice looking wooden stick - a Collar or equivalent - but there is also a stub mast and gaff - now that could be from an early rig set up or another boat all together. If location means anything - then it is far north east (sunderland)...okay, I know that is just the North East but from here is it the far north east.

Actually... take what I said earlier with a pinch of salt - forget the comment about Fox - just seen another picture and the way the beam is carried aft makes it clear that this is not one of his. In fact - the shots are quite intriguing - the mast and plate case seem further aft that I'd have expected.

So - until I can upload these pics - with 410 on the sail and a round bilge, 13ft 5" hull - any thoughts?

D
David H
Graham T

Re: 4.10 Class.

Post by Graham T »

No Idea but I am heading South to Sunderland Yacht Club to finish a yacht repair next week - If you need any pics or anything let me know
Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club