Alleged Flying Sailor

an area to discuss dinghy developments
macd10562

Alleged Flying Sailor

Post by macd10562 »

I have sailed enterprises, mirrors and lasers, and recently bought a 14ft dinghy which I was informed was like a Flying Sailor. Having done some research I can find nothing about it. All I have to go on is that it is German and the sail insignia has RA on it. The left edge of the R and the right edge of the A have rounded edges. The sail number is 111. So I can only assume they didnt make many of them. I will try and upload a pic of the insignia if the forum will let me. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I may need to buy some spares.
Attachments
2014-08-05 20.36.51.jpg
(18.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RonnyDG

Re: Alleged Flying Sailor

Post by RonnyDG »

Could it be this one: Flying Sailor
Else if you look for specific German dinghies, it helps to add the word "schwertjolle" in the search (that's daggerboad -or centerboard- dinghy in German)
Greetings,
Ronny
ent228

Post by ent228 »

On the website from the link above, I just love translations:

"Centreboard made of steel, continuously adjustable with belay clamp for the sword fall." :D
macd10562

Post by macd10562 »

Thanks RonnyDG. As I suspected it must be older than the ones shown on the website. It is a bit like them and a bit like some other ones I have researched. I shall email BMG and see if they can point me in the right direction. If not I may just sell it on as it is very heavy for one person to haul about. I am not as young as I used to be and need a smaller lighter dinghy