Mystery boat

an area to discuss dinghy developments
Rupert

Re: Mystery boat

Post by Rupert »

There are a fair few sharpies with the kind of rig you describe, Jim. Always liked the look.

The Mirror. Cut, move 2 feet apart, insert struts (9, I think) between the 2 halves, bung ply over and glass the joins. Simple!

And a longer car to roof rack it...
Rupert
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Isn't this boat an Adventurer?
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just looked at the photo, and it looks very similar, but nearly 2 feet differnt in length? Ebay tape measure?

Now I'm all confused again... any photos of David's choice?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

I'll dig out some pictures but there is no doubt in my mind (and it is supported by the pictures) that this is a Brigand Sailor 12

As we've often discussed on here, one of the better 'leads' to follow is the bow profile.

an Adventuress is a subtly different boat.

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Adventurer and adventuress two different boats, but only seen the small pics of either, so hard to pick the detail from different angles. No worries as to what it is, just curious now!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

calm that curiosity - the boat is a Brigand Sailor 12.... in my archives here I have 'chapter and verse' on the boat! That said, I've learnt to keep an open mind on some of these real rarities.

I'm 'laid up' at present - will not be restored to the usual levels of mobility until next week sometime (he says with fingers firmly crossed)...........and even when I do, have articles outstanding on early trapezing, the Hamble Star, my long overdue piece on boats for the 'silver sailor' and then the highly contentious 'Part III'. If that were not enough, on Thursday I'm giving the talk on 'seven days that changed sailing' - the 1965 IYRU Trials...... if this goes as planned, then I'm also doing this as the Hunts event in May! I've some wonderful never previously seen pictures and YES - one of the shots is of............ the Minisail!!!!!!!

D
David H