jenny brushes and materials

share hints, tips and experiences
Nessa

jenny brushes and materials

Post by Nessa »

Is there any point in trying to clean jenny brushes after use with epoxy, or are they single use, chuck em away items? If so, can Ed remind me where he said we can get them cheaply?

And what about other epoxy type materials. I need fibreglass cloth at the moment. Any cheap, relaible sources? I am currently getting good service from a place in Belfast.

I have to force myself to have a chinese takeaway every week to keep myself in mixing trays.... :mrgreen:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Graham T

Re: jenny brushes and materials

Post by Graham T »

The solvent will cost more than the brush..... - the guy I use is on e-bay, see item 180432548629 . He is good at combined postage as well if you need more than one size and he has a full range including rollers even if they are not all on e-bay - just ask him for what you want. The brushes are genuine jenny brushes and work well with epoxy, paint , glue or whatever you want.....
Last edited by Graham T on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

Oh and glass try http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/
They are not far from me so I haven't tried the mail order bit but they do hold good stock and know what they are talking about...
Hope this helps
Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Pat

Post by Pat »

There's a place near Colchester for fibreglass supplies - we buy from them at Beaulieu boat jumble. ProComposites is the name - you'll have to google for a phone number as they don't have a web site as they are just a little family firm.