Int 14 project

share hints, tips and experiences
alan williams

Re: Int 14 project

Post by alan williams »

Like Rupert said WOW. Chris you have exceeded anything you have done before perfection, from bonfire to concours. I wish I had a thimbleful of your wood working skills.
Al.
chris

Post by chris »

Launch day is Shearwater sat 19th CVRDA vintage day. I think crew and helm will need wellies. There are always so many little jobs to finish as they say 90% of the work is in the last 10%.
The piece de resistance is a cotton main I bought off ebay some years ago. Never been used! probably not the best cut sail but may need a little modification but does look good. I'm having to improvise a cotton jib.
The Dacron sail that have come from 675 look pretty good too but the genoa's foot is far too long for the where the fairlead is.
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

I'm well impressed.

My efforts on the 18 are a bodge job in comparison
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

Sailed 'Blue Peter' today - in a torrential downpour at the Vintage Event at Shearwater. She was lovely to crew in, although there was a wobbly bit last week when Chris filled here with water in the garden and she leaked like a sieve!!!!
Went like a dream on the water - most of the water in the boat was thanks to the rain. Looking forward to using her more this summer and getting the rig just right. Oh and she looks beautiful too!! Maybe the crew need to smarten up a bit!!
Lois :P
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

Guess who won the concours section at the CVRDA Rally? Well deserved Chris and Lois! 'Blue Peter' is a thing of beauty.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]