recomisioning a mirror after a long layup

share hints, tips and experiences
jules22

Re: recomisioning a mirror after a long layup

Post by jules22 »

what is the best way to attach the block to the horse ?. When you say block to block, do you mean minimal gap between them when boom is directly over transom ? (going backwards from mast) I Am now wondering if this may be the problem. cheers. J
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I tend just to tie a loop in the middle of the rope and then ensure the loop is centred when I tie each end. If you make them the right length, then the blocks will meet when the sail is pulled hard in. If you make them adjustable, then they can be made to meet in a range of conditions, but that adds complexity. The idea is to get the boom as colose as possible to the centreline while still being able to control twist.
Rupert
jules22

Post by jules22 »

Rupert wrote:I tend just to tie a loop in the middle of the rope and then ensure the loop is centred when I tie each end. If you make them the right length, then the blocks will meet when the sail is pulled hard in. If you make them adjustable, then they can be made to meet in a range of conditions, but that adds complexity. The idea is to get the boom as colose as possible to the centreline while still being able to control twist.
Thanks Rupert, the above is pretty much how I set it up except that there is a gap of about 2" between the blocks at the nearest point when centered. not sure what to do next as it sounds like it should work ok. :?