GP 14 centreboard

share hints, tips and experiences
Tom Sonoro

GP 14 centreboard

Post by Tom Sonoro »

Hello all!

I'm in the process of getting a 60s-vintage GP 14 back on the water. It doesn't have a centreboard at the moment. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with? Or one that I could use as a template? I have a spare Osprey centreboard I could perhaps cut to shape...

I'm in the Forth area.
TheGuvnah

Re: GP 14 centreboard

Post by TheGuvnah »

Tom Sonoro wrote:...I have a spare Osprey centreboard I could perhaps cut to shape...

I'm in the Forth area.
Tom could I ask you to stay the jigsaw? I have a pair of Ospreys, both of which are in fairly urgent need of replacement centre boards. Would you be prepared/persuaded to part with it? (for a renumeration of course) There always seems to be Int spares/foils drifting by on the Bay.
...well if it was easy everybody would have one.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I have a GP14 centreboard going begging, but it is near Swindon.
Rupert
TheGuvnah

Post by TheGuvnah »

Rupert wrote:I have a GP14 centreboard going begging, but it is near Swindon.
Well I'm in the Midlands and Wilts/Swindon isn't that far in terms of diesel, perhaps I could act as intermediary here? If I pick the GP board up I'd be happy to wrap and despatch up to Tom if Tom is willing to do likewise?
Godfrey

Post by Godfrey »

I still have an epoxy sheathed Osprey board in the shed if Guvnah is interested?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Guvnah, I shall dig it out in daylight, first to check I can find it, second to check condition.
Rupert
TheGuvnah

Post by TheGuvnah »

Godfrey wrote:... if Guvnah is interested?
Deeply, abidingly and irrationally so to the exclusion of all else. :lol: 878's has that ominous split and it's just a matter of time before it lets go and Flypast's looks like it's escaped with its life from a sustained piranha attack. Blimey here's me scratching my melon wondering about how to go about repairing them and all of a sudden three foils appear out of the ether/shed. Could probably sort a Hermes courier pickup for less than Parcel Farce's rates. If you guys could maybe post a pic or two I much appreciate your time.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

GP board found. In pretty good nick, varnished mahogany, would need a friction device, could be used as is, but maybe better fettled a little first.
Rupert