Evening all.

Welcome to the CVRDA Forum
TimD

Evening all.

Post by TimD »

Another newbie signing in!
I have to confess I haven't sailed a dinghy for about 30 years (been yacht racing) but recently discovered the reborn Minisail Association and hence CVDRA.
Back in 1973 I bought my first boat - a mk1 Minisprint which I mainly raced on the Orwell out of the Royal Harwich YC at Woolverstone. To cut a long story short, I ended up (badly) racing a beautiful all wood 505 (K7398) for a couple of seasons before badly breaking an ankle falling out of a Firefly! (Foot caught in toe strap - ouch!).
So, dinghy sailing stopped for a while and I started yacht racing.
My last boat (Hunter Formula 28) was sold after birth of children and its now been a few years since I sailed at all.
Why sign up here? I've recently bought a pair of Minisails (a mk1 and a mk2 Sprint) which I hope to breath new life into and then join you on the water.
I'm Plymouth based so plenty of water on my doorstep but I've a feeling my early forays afloat in a dinghy after so many years will probably be at Roadford.
Stand by for lots of silly questions on refurbing GRP boats and look forward to meeting you on the water.
neil
Site Admin

Re: Evening all.

Post by neil »

Welcome. If you come up to Roadford let us know as several of us sail there
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
TimD

Re: Evening all.

Post by TimD »

Thanks Neil, it'll be next year by the time I get one of the boats for for use but I'll certainly give you a shout when the time comes.