Delighted to be here

Welcome to the CVRDA Forum
Pete Smith

Delighted to be here

Post by Pete Smith »

Good Evening.
This is my first post on this site, I am certain it will be the first of many but I fear this may be a one way process because my background has been mountaineering and I know little about owning or sailing classic/vintage boats! However, I do share the same passion for small boats as I had for the mountains and I am now the very proud owner of 12ft 6” clinker built wooden sailing dinghy that was built by GA Feltham in Portsmouth. It is completely original with the original sails (two sets) and is in excellent condition considering it had been garaged for the last 25 years! I hope to post regular updates on this forum but more importantly I hope to be able to tap in on the knowledge and experiences that this forum has to offer. I would be most appreciative for any advice as I aim to learn.
Regards
Pete
jpa_wfsc

Re: Delighted to be here

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Pete = welcome! You will indeed find much sound and helpful advice on here. There are also various articles on restoration on the cvrda main site - have you found those? And you will also discover astonishing things that can be done with walnuts. (Search!!).
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Pete Smith

Re: Delighted to be here

Post by Pete Smith »

Thanks for the welcome, I have now checked out some of the other topics and found some useful advice. I’ll keep an open mind on the Walnuts! just in case it’s a wind up. I have stories to tell regarding nuts! but I’d probably get thrown off the forum! Ha!Ha!