Boat storage

General chat about boats
jon711

Boat storage

Post by jon711 »

Has anybody in the Essex/Hertfordshire area, got storage space for a classsic dinghy this winter?? (Would prefer undercover, but could cover the boat well enough to cope with frosts).......
I really would like the boat, but because of storage problems (I live in a flat, and in the deeds is written no boats or caravans!), if I can't find storage may have to turn it down. When I viewed the boat, I was hoping to put the boat in my parents garage in Cheshire, but circumstances have now changed, and I need to find a home for the boat for this winter, otherwise I would not consider a purchase.....
Failing that, I may have to borrow a boat for the Oulton Week spectacular next year, and I would rather sail my own boat...

Jon

(My Blaze is taking all the available space in Cheshire)
Rupert

Re: Boat storage

Post by Rupert »

jon711 wrote:
Cheshire is quite big...have they extended the wings on a Blaze since I last looked?!

Jon is looking for space for an original cvrda boat - Andy H's old yellow Peggie Citrine. It would be great to see her returned to the fold!
Rupert
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Rupert wrote:
jon711 wrote:
Cheshire is quite big...have they extended the wings on a Blaze since I last looked?!
I like that the only boat with 100 mile wings!!!LOL
jon711

Post by jon711 »

While at work (night shift this week), I live in Harlow, so I suppose I could expand the search to Middlesex or Suffolk....

(re the Blaze with the 100 mile wings - when I bought it, I did consider calling it "Always Ultra" as it had wings.. (Not sure my Mother would have liked that!!))
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Oh, no, now I've got the Bodyform jingle going round in my head. How could you do this to me, Jon?
Rupert
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Hi Jon,

Pvt me or give me a call on 07860 106641. Not certain, but I might be able to find some temporary storage if you get stuck.

Cheers
David
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hey Dave,

Have you made a new New Years resolution? What is this....no comments or replies to the views expressed on east coast horneting - or handicapping????

Surely not!

Will look for a viewpoint expressed on the banter page.

Meet you there

D
PS - are you around for a call?

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Back to being serious,

Back in the summer when I was repairing the floor of smokey bear (MR3025) and renovating a Contender, space was at a premium. Getting somewhere to work is crucial. Needs power too.... extra good lighting, easy 24hr access - not difficult but if you start paying per month you soon ramp up a big bill.

If you have to work on a 'bigger' boat (Osprey, 505 or FD) then you're scuppered! Ditto a wide merlin, they don't fit in normal garages with enough space to do any meaniful work!

D
David H
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Still trying to find storage...... I do so want to bring this boat back into the CVRDA fold..... Any help appreciated.....

Jon
Pat

Post by Pat »

Does it have to be in those areas?
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Boat storage is an issue for me too now the weather is turning wet. I have Agamemnon in the boat shed, but nowhere for the Marauder. I think I'm going to put a card in the PO window (yes, we still have one!) and see if anyone nearby has a garage, barn, shed, whatever, that will at least keep it dry.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

Nessa wrote:Boat storage is an issue for me too now the weather is turning wet.
Housing Associations will often rent lockup garages... We have three, although I'm trying to empty one at the moment...