Whats in your shed?

General chat about boats
roger

Whats in your shed?

Post by roger »

Well its well known that I have Shoestring,Chris has Iska ,Spriteful, Neil has Rannoch and a couple of Finns. Ed has a list as long as your arm which he uses to make his posts look bigger :) and Nessa has a few wooden boats in various states of repair and a couple of plastic tubs she says are for "her indoors" but what else is out there.

I also have a GP in a barn sadly awaiting time on her since a traumatic time at Netley.

Come on lets hear about the boats we dont all know about.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Re: Whats in your shed?

Post by Pat »

Nothing really interesting - 4 larks, 3 lasers (one loaned, 2 promised) 2 merlins and the bobbin plus the zodiac with outboard for the times we need to be rescue boat to ex-sister-in-law and her canoes - no idea about wind, tides, kit or safety and won't be told either!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

In the Garage, nothing! Barring junk and a blow up canoe from Asda, that is...A strange state of affairs, really. Last thing in was an Ent which needed a little work, and a Vareo before that. The Tonic is in the front garden, and the combi bases are too, but the garage is feeling sad and lonely.
The shed is full to the brim with spare boat bits, of course, mostly useless - but the trouble is, who knows which bits are actually useless, and which a vital bit just next week...
Rupert
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Boat Shed - Rannoch (IC), Zennith (B Class Canoe), 2 Touring Kayaks and some sails, mast rack.
The Loft (it's another shed) - Mylar Sails and One Metre Rigs
Between Boat Shed and Loft - Solo and Sail cupboard
By wood shed - Raudaschl Finn
Workshop - Elvstrom Finn, One Metres, collection of spare masts, spinnaker poles, booms etc (just in case)

There's always room for another shed.

and there's a Pata Finn and Flying 15 somewhere
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Boat wise
Lots of suits of sails for boats I no longer own (always keep the best suit back on selling) as you want them for the new boat, for which you order a new suit anyway. All the parts for the Nacra that was stolen daggers, rudders, tramps, new rigging, spars, beams, tiller bars, tiller extensions etc. Windsurfing stuff kept for same reason as sails,Surf board,Tents and camping stuff, Spare Finn gear, Kites, 2 IOM hulls. Under all this is my retirement project (7 years to go), Typhon the last built and the fastest of the Plymouth Dolphin's. Drying out nicely ready to be epoxied and the gunnels, foredeck and some planks replaced before she is restored to her former glory.
Cheers Al
Last edited by alan williams on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

In the boat shed - the Marauder (henceforth to be known as Daft Invader) all my rudders, two more challenger rudders, various dagger boards and far too many sails. Plus lots and lots of misc chandlery.

In the garage - the streaker rejected by her indoors, plus more bits and pieces, all the power tools and all the chemically stuff. On the garage roof; Agamemnon mast, marauder mast, streaker mast, phantom mast. two boom and a spinny pole on the ground alongside the conservatory.

In my lovely neighbour's garage - Agamemnon, king of the fleet, with rudder and centreboard, sails, mast boom.

The Simoun is upside down in the garden. All other boats are at hunts, awaiting rearrangement when the C boat goes down to the out laws garage till my wrist gets better (if ever)
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

The Farr Cherub, Queenie SJB is in the garage at the moment, and there's an Eleven Plus in the other garage down the street (along with a bunch of Canoe spares and some board sails and a rather old and paint stained moth sail, whilst the third garage a couple of streets away has got a Yamaha YDS7 250...
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Garage1; Grp Taylor Finn awaiting mast step and general refurb, two Finn masts. all rigging and fittings removed from FD 365.
Finn roadbase on the wall and assorted rudders and c/plates not forgetting the Royale sports racing car body work in the rafters.
Garage2; many sails Finn & FD, IOM kit and sails, various chandlery, dissassembled Nike mk7 Sports racing car ( retirement project) and a workbench and tool box.
Outside of garage; FD365 on trolley and double deck trailer.
Two Finns and FF at Roadford.
This has been quite theraputic and made me realise I can make more space, now where was that other old Finn someone mentioned the other day..........
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I forgot the Menace, which lurks as a perpetual ghostly presence between the boat shed and the drive...it is the boat I am destined never to sell....or sail...
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

admin wrote:There's always room for another shed.
If only that were true. Sadly on my salary and local houseprices there is no room for any more boat storage at all.
chris

Post by chris »

well apart from three merlins which total 184 years old, My shed and garage contains rather a lot of parts, masts and cotton sails mostly for merlins but quite a lot from a few years ago when our club was clearing out and about to build a very large bonfire.
I also have some regency pianos which total 2400 years old! but on the useful side of things my shed is reasonably equiped which comes in very useful for the odd job like cutting battens for local boat owners! :lol:
roger

Post by roger »

chris wrote:well apart from three merlins which total 184 years old, My shed and garage contains rather a lot of parts, masts and cotton sails mostly for merlins but quite a lot from a few years ago when our club was clearing out and about to build a very large bonfire.
I also have some regency pianos which total 2400 years old! but on the useful side of things my shed is reasonably equiped which comes in very useful for the odd job like cutting battens for local boat owners! :lol:
Thank you Chris. Much appreciated as always.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Found in a skip...
Most of the boats live outside and we have a Costco "portable garage" which is a 5metre by 3 metre marquee as a boat shed and the big double garage as the workshop/sail loft etc. Whatever boat is in the "tent" or garage always ends up with stuff piled into it and gets nicknamed "the skip". Well, you just put those sails/ropes/bits there to keep them off the ground....

Anyway a wide Merlin in the garage for some time made a particularly good "skip" and on clearing out I made a list of the eclectic contents:
Sails for about six boats.
Box of ropes
Paperwork and business receipts from various builders' merchants
3 coats
Bin liners
car seat cover
Fishing rod
Plastering hawk
socket set
Longleat staff sweatshirt
Office chair
Toilet cistern
Roll of lino
00" gauge train set
all topped off with a 6ft by 4ft sheet of polystyrene insulation and a push plate that says "Pull" ! :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

^ any pics of the train set? Has Sandy got a station master's hat?
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I had forgotten about Gently Chris. Any progress?

In the shed 2 Merlins total years 122!!

Enterprises x 2 and a Firefly all of which I restored reside at Forfar and now seem to make up about 30% of our Sunday sailors