Uh oh- Seafly

General chat about boats
Merlin3241

Uh oh- Seafly

Post by Merlin3241 »

I know I shouldn't and there's bound to be more to do than an initial inspection revealed but I've been offered a free GRP Seafly that is complete all bar sails, trolley and cover. It's not the very heavy Zygal one and I admit to being tempted, I always had a soft spot for 'underdog' boats that go quite well. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'd be hard pushed to describe the Seafly as anything but 'distinctive'. Anyone ever sailed one or have any thoughts about them? Or even have a spare suit of sails in the garage?
slim

Re: Uh oh- Seafly

Post by slim »

Got a spare set of sails including the kite,in fact probably got everything apart from a decent hull and the boom.Sails won't win you any races mind.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Phil
Great Bandit boat. I'm hoping that you and Katherine will be up at Roadford this weekend as it's always good to see the pair of you.
Cheers Al
Merlin3241

Post by Merlin3241 »

Hi Al
Intending to drop in as spectators on Sunday- the Merlin sold and went to island barn recently, both 12's and the rest of the fleet are all too new. I've an old glass Firefly that qualifies but she's been stored for so many years I'm scared to lift the cover and see state she's in now!
See you Sunday and next year with the Seafly perhaps.
Merlin3241

Post by Merlin3241 »

Hi Slim
Very interested in your sails. I've mailed and PM'd you.
Regards
slim

Post by slim »

Will get them looked out on Saturday and send you some pics. If anyone else is looking for bits just get in touch.
Merlin3241

Post by Merlin3241 »

Thanks Slim, I'll pm you my e mail addy