Anyone near Windsor?

General chat about boats
Graham T

Anyone near Windsor?

Post by Graham T »

There is a Miracle mast with no bidders finishing soon in Windsor - collection only. I am in need of a mast but I live in Newcastle and the time and fuel would be prohibitive. I will be heading to the Bristol area for Christmas so am wondering if it is possible for anyone to collect and store this until I can get down that way?

Thanks
Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Anyone near Windsor?

Post by Ed »

If this helps.....

I also have a miracle mast and boom. I also had sails and foils till very recently when I threw them out.

Guess, I would want a little money for them, but not much...

I am down in Cornwall, but do go up to Bristol every now and again. Only issue is that I normally go up in my little fiat....but might be able to get around this. Next planned visit is in December some time, but can't remember the date.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

How soon does it finish. I will be in Teddington tomorrow with a boat could possibly go home M4 instead of M3 after racing.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

The auction finishes tomorrow morning but I see the seller is away until the 14th so unfortunately I think your kind offer won't work out Roger. Thanks for thinking of it though.

There is no urgency to me getting a Miracle mast - basicly I have my family racing Miracle and a "project" Miracle in need of re-decking. As the project has taken so long it has been stripped of parts to keep the other boat on the water and I have just broken my mast so will be using the projects one. I would like for as little money as possible to get another mast to replace this so the project at least still looks do-able.

Ed - my in-laws live on the Mendips just south of Bristol so if you are heading up that way at any time with a vehicle capable of carrying a mast then perhaps yours would be a better bet than the random e-bay one. There may be other family plans we could incorporate or indeed I think the Osprey nationals are at Porthpean next year so if you still have it then I could get it up to me quite easily.
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi,
I am near Windsor, do you still want it?
Steve :D
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

You can never have too many masts especially so if you don't mind collecting and holding onto a mast until I can sort out how to collect it from you then it would be much appreciated. If you are happy to do this I will put a low snipe on it as I am coaching our junior squad all day tomorrow.
Graham T
roger

Post by roger »

I am in the Mendips so if we can get it this way at some point I can hold it. After all whats the point of building a mast length shed if you cant store the odd mast or two in it. Last count is five I think not counting the topper.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

Well the wind is a freezing northerly gale so I am off to Kielder to coach the kids dinghy club. I wonder who else will turn up..... Anyway I have left a snipe on the e-bay mast. The seller seems to have an e-bay shop dealing with dinghy parts. If I win it I will contact Steve and see what we can arrange re collection.
As I said you can't have too many masts so win or lose on the e-bay one I am still interested in Eds sapare as well. I will have a chat with West country friends to see if anything can be arranged. Where abouts in Cornwall are you Ed?
Graham T
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi,
What a difference, now bright and sunny here today. Looks like the seller is away for a few days though!
Steve :D
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

Just paid my 99p for the mast :D I have asked for contact details and will be in touch as soon as I get these Steve

Graham
Graham T
alan watson

Post by alan watson »

I can't go to Windsor but I can arrange storage of mast easily and almost certainly boom sail with Baltic Wharf Sailing Club if that helps.
Cheers
Alan