Classic Finns in the BFA

General chat about boats
PeterV

Classic Finns in the BFA

Post by PeterV »

The British Finn Association has recognised that the high cost of membership has discouraged owners of classic Finns to join, if only to sail in the occasional event. The high fee is partly because of the International Finn Association fee which has to be paid of €30.
Therefore, in order to encourage owners of classic Finns to join the BFA we have just voted to reduce the Associate member fee from £25 to £10 and to allow all sailors who only have a classic Finn to join as Associate members. Full details are on the BFA website.

The Classic Finn Nationals will be held as part of the Finn Inlands at Oxford Sailing Club on 8/9 September. This will not be a handicap event but a National Champion award will be given to both the first Classic and the first Classic with Carbon. All BFA members can enter, including Associates.

I hope that many sailors of just classic Finns recognise the encouragement being given by the BFA and both join and enter the nationals. We had a very successful combined event with the Inlands at Roadford in 2010, it would be great to see a good number at Oxford.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Re: Classic Finns in the BFA

Post by Nessa »

Oh that’s brilliant. I hadn’t planned on going to Oxford because of rhe £50 fee, so now I can seriously consider it. Thank you Peter for your work in getting 5os done..
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I'm glad you appreciate it, now let's see if we can get a good number of Classic Finns sailing together again.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Good to see the the work carrying on Peter
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thanks Graham, we need you back in a Finn!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I must admit I do miss my sailing but I am committed to finishing my historic race car at the moment and it seems to take all my time and funds.
Alan offered to let me use his boat for Roadford but again the meeting clashed with an event near home.
I may pop along to the event near Lincoln just to keep in touch but I intend to stick to dry land.....
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Jon at Oxford is asking how many Classics to expect for the Nationals in September. It’s really a question for Peter.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World