Winter 2005

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We still have no location for the 2005 winter event, to be held in November! If no one says anything in the next week, it will be going back to Whitefriars, with a booze up and meal somewhere around here again. So spare yourselves my taste in venues, and volunteer your club! I'm off on my hols tommorrow, so will read this thread with interest when I get back...
Rupert
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Try Ardleigh nr Colchester. I know its a long long way for you all but it is quite a good resevoir and a Saturday meet might be accommodated. My club at Brightlingsea might do but it is sea sailing and can be a bit wild!

Anyway just a thought and East of Watford is not all that bad!

Happy Valentines to all of you on a promise!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thank you for the offer, Johnothan! Does anyone else read this string? I'd love to run an event over your way when the weather is a bit warmer - I think, being unfair to the rest of the world, I know, that the winter event should be near the SW, as most of the people are travelling from that way. Please can people give opinions, or I might decide we don't want a winter piss up at all!
Rupert
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

No....you are right....I had totally missed this thread at the bottom!

I could ask Baltic Wharf SC in Bristol Harbour if you want.

It's a very good place for a winter sail and finding a pub is no problem as it is a whole 5 yards from the water.

Last time I talked to them they said they would be more than happy to put on another event for the CVRDA.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sounds ideal! Yes please.
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Sorry, got to plump for Whitefriers, tho' I might be able to swing a second event at Frensham if that fell through.
Regards

Nick