Corus South Wales 13th/14th September

Chat about CVRDA events
roger

Re: Corus South Wales 13th/14th September

Post by roger »

Good to meet you Simon. You can never ask to many questions.
Look forward to seeing you at Shearwater. If you dont have a suitable boat we may be able to loan you one.

Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

I wish i could have been there i was really looking forward to this event

sadly im yet to have sailed at all this year :( the closest ive got was selling both my boats :(
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Mercurial

Post by Mercurial »

[quote="Mercurial"]I've got the disc and it won't open for me - except on the DVD player under the telly, where it plays fine. It's a DAT file and the PC will not open it up as a DVD, video or picture files. I think it might be an MPEG and if so my software should open it OK, but still refuses to do so.

More: I've now opened this using a couple of DVD progs - one called Roxio and the other called PowerDVD 5 - on machines other than my laptop. I wildly clicked around the "choose programmes" (to open with) box until I found one that opened it. It's still bizarre tho' as the office tekkie here says that a DAT file is, unsurprisingly, a data file and he's surprised it's an image and DVD file. It's a 70 meg file so no chance of emailing it around to those that were there.

No luck tho' on snatching individual images from the slide show as it runs.

No reply on the request for good ol' Jpeg images from Corus yet. Will get up up on the site if they come through.

Hope this might help.
Currently boatless - but watch this space.
Ex-various Mercurys and Fireball.
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

I echo everyones comments, Corus was deifinitely our best sail, this season. The weather was great too. Fantastic open water for an inland event. Also pleased to welcome a new fully paid up member Simon. Looking forward to seeing you at some of our events.

Many thanks to Sean for all his work in overseeing organisation.
Also thanks for the lovely pen.
Mercurial

Post by Mercurial »

I've just posted a video on my club's website: http://www.bristol-avon-sailing.org.uk/ of some frolics at Corus last month. It's a bit weighted towards the ditchcrawler folk as I made it primarily for BASC, but some of you might find it a lark.

I am now working on a helmet-cam arrangement, using an old cycling lid and some nails, for future in-boat vids. Will also ask Santa for a wide angle camera - and some editing skill!

Please bear in mind that filming is very secondary to sailing the boat. (All of you now chorusing: "Can't tell the difference when you're sailing one-handed" can just naff right off! ) :D

Go: Video Gallery, and then click on the Corus Weekend link to view or download.
Currently boatless - but watch this space.
Ex-various Mercurys and Fireball.