Whitefriars Winter Classic and Lost Class Meeting. 8th Feb

Chat about CVRDA events
jpa_wfsc

Re: Whitefriars Winter Classic and Lost Class Meeting. 8th Feb

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Argh!!

practicing today (and beating my sons in the process :twisted: :twisted: ) the Harken traveler carriage broke up during a gybe. Rollers and associated bits now full 9 deep by mark 8.

If I can get a traveler car by next weekend the Finn will be sailing again, otherwise I shall use the Moth.

DH just saw your post and IF you turn up in a wig AND IF- if the Finn is working, you could use that and I will Moth. But do not count on it - I'll keep you posted.

j./
davidh

Post by davidh »

J.

okay............. here is the deal

I'll bring the spinni pole, wear a wig and a dress, as then I'll be the same as the other strange people who'll be in Finns!!

Can you just promise though that there will be no one taking pictures - I do not think I could bear the shame!!!!!

John, really, that is a lovely and very generous offer, if we can work something then at least I get afloat. I've been pondering on how to reply to Ruperts offer of an enter box.... would one rather be seen coming ashore in a finn or an enterbox. My, that is a tough call. maybe disguise is a good idea after all!!

Cheers

D

BTW........... I spoke with Pauline brother, who is a leading light in the private meteorology business - his US based computer model suggests that Whitefriars might be okay - but Rutland and the Tiger could be a sod.

Did you copy that Nessa???????????????????????????????
(tel nikky she can take her skates)
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I have been watching the forecasts with interest tonight. All I can say is, I'll be at the club provided I can get there, and if anyone comes, you will be made welcome. If the lake is frozen, Whitefriars members have in the past gone out with the rescue boat and broken the ice up in order to sail, but it does make overtaking tricky, and strips paint off...gelcoat seems to survive! At that point I'll be with the majority, laughing from the bank. If I can't get there, I shall assume that you lot won't be foolish enough to try either! I shall buy soup in tins and we can always freeze rolls (infact, given the weather, it might be tricky doing anything else...) so I don't think we have to worry about things too much in advance. But how long does a chandler take to deliver a drysuit and woolybear?!
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Guys,

Really sorry I am not going to get there next weekend. Various urgent jobs need doing at home and I really cant justify coming up.

Nigel thanks for the offer of a boat but I wont be needing it now. Maybe next time.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Roger,

no worries.

David - I will bring both boats anyway as they both live on the same double trailer. You may get to write that review for DSM yet :D .

Nigel
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Well, I am now of course regretting the Tiger entry. I had foolishly imagined I would have been able to get into the c boat to remember how to sail it between now and then, but as it is, we are more than knee deep in cardboard boxes and ankle deep in snow. I have, of course, now stripped the phantom of its fittings, and bits of it are here and bits in Bedford, so reassembly might be tricky.

In other words, I just don't know. :roll: :roll:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Nessa,

if all else fails, it looks like there will be an empty Beachcomber at Whitefriars. ~It is the coolest boat on the lake - orange deck, blue and white main and pink jib 8) .

Nigel
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Sounds like I would need my sunglasses! 8) Do you have a picture of this lovely thing? I do like a bit of pink! :shock:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
davidh

Post by davidh »

Go on nessa, you know you want to!

If I can slum it in a finn, you'll be featherbedded in a beachcomber!!

D
David H
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Nessa,

If I knew how to insert images, I would (Looks like they have to be hosted somewhere like photobucket).

I can email it if others have the technology.

Nigel
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Images can be inserted. Give me a while and I'll knock up some instructions. If you want to email them to me - neil@ico3.com I'll stick them up

*** EDIT ***

Beachcomber pics at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1881

Rough guide to image posting at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1880
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith