Baltic Wharf next

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Baltic Wharf next

Post by Rupert »

Don't forget, not long to Baltic Wharf, Saturday 18th April. Easter inbetween, so it will creep up fast!
Anyone know who is running the event, now Peter has run away up north?
Rupert
roger

Re: Baltic Wharf next

Post by roger »

Rupert,

i have forwarded an email about last years event who may be the latest contact. Its the only one I have.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

All I have had a note from Nigel at Baltic Wharf. All is going ahead as planned.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

Nigel,

Really sorry I cant make it next weekend I have been offered some work. Hope all goes well and the hail storms stay away.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

We won't be able to sail either, although we may manage to look in if we are passing. Nothing eligible is ready to sail and there's too much else needs doing at present at home and generally. I'm not at all sure that we'll be ready for Clywedog, as time is vanishing fast and Sandy is working away. We haven't even sailed a boat since the Shearwater event last year!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Must find the time to get Saskia ready to trail. With the kids off school it can get a bit busy!
Who else will be there?
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi All,

I intend to be there with the Pisces and the Beachcomber (too difficult to take it off the trailer to leave it behind).

BTW, please do not confuse me with the Nigel from BW who seems to be organising it :D

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Looks like there may be a better "Nigel in a Pisces" breeze for Saturday than there was at Whitefriars!
Will you be bringing the Firefly, Michael? Could be a challenge in a gusty 13 mph, if that is what we get. I might chicken out on the spoon blade if windy... Looking forward to the exercise after too many french style 3 hour meals over Easter!
Anyone know if any local boats will be out?
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Rupert, I have a feeling I may be committed to child care of an unwilling sailor( :evil: ) on Saturday so it looks a bit sticky.

I only have a spoon so that's what I use. The trick with a spoon is to keep the boat upright in a blow.... easily said. Anyway, in CVRDA money a straight rudder must set the exchange rate back a bit (especially if it blows). Since it's all deep water, if I get there i'll look out my fixed spoon.

Anyway I expect you (or perhaps your wallet) must bit a bit lighter after all those 3 course French lunches. My experience of the Sunny piste was £13-50 for 3 childrens portions of chips! :cry: :shock:
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I used the spoon blade with Kathryn crewing me at Roadford a few years ago when it really blew, and we did OK, so I have a feeling it is only slower at the point when it comes out of the water and the mast goes in! Certainly I've never been allowed any points for it, but if combined with other oldfashioned bits, it is certainly worth something! In light and flukies, I much prefer it.

Luckily Kathryn's parents moved to France a few years ago, so the meals were of the home variety, so the wallet was unused all trip (Kathryn's wasn't!) but I can't say I feel any lighter!
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Many thanks to all at BW for a very enjoyable days sailing.

Btw, I am returning my wind indicator to the chandlers for a refund as it is obviously malfunctioning :D
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

thanks all, an enjoyable day. can't walk today and my head hurts but i still enjoyed it.
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yep, good to see everyone! Results have been checked and sent to Pat for publication. Thans to all at BWSC, especially the hard pressed OOD - those of us with start huts not on a well used foot path can be thankful!
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Full write up here

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=146086

and hopefully on this site when Pat has a moment to herself.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Report and results uploaded. Also I've managed to remove most of the green colour cast from my pictures and have uploaded those to the gallery AND Pete Vinton has written a great piece on the Mercury which I've also loaded - see News page (and don't forget to Refresh)