Roadford 10th Anniversary Event. August Bank Holiday Weekend

Chat about CVRDA events
LarFinn

Re: Roadford 10th Anniversary Event. August Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by LarFinn »

Just a quick word of warning to anyone coming down to Roadford for the first time. - The slip roads off the A30 are quite short and have a 90 degree bend in them. If you are towing you may well want to scrub 30/40 mph off your speed before taking the bends, - it would be a pity to get within 2 miles of the lake and then wrap your pride and joy around a signpost!

See you all there.
Andi

Finn GBR75
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good warning - it's caught us out more than once. AND there's very little warning before the turn so slow as soon as you see the brown signpost - the junction's very close.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Could people please help by bumping up my post on the Merlin forum - Racing for Classic and Modern at Bank Holiday weekend. And post on any other forums they use - I've managed a "segue" posting on the magazine section of Y&Y but lets keep bumping them up.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi All,

unfortunately, Angela has had to have a second operation and although she is know home, she is unable/banned from lifting anything for the next 4-6 weeks. I will not be coming down for the weekend (I may still be able to get a half day pass to have a go in the Devoti on Saturday though)

Nigel
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Not exactly sure what I am doing either.

have been working my guts off to get the Jollyboat ready.....

and it might still be ready...

but Stu can't make it down to crew any more, which leaves me in a bit of a quandry.

Not sure I want to break in new crew for the Jollyboat....even if I could find anyone....guess it depends on who...and how windy it is.

so may go and check to see whether the old IC is OK to sail. Should be....but not been on the water since nats last year and seem to remember she was leaking a bit...and I broke the tiller too.

So all a bit vague.....

I am sure I will be there....but not camping any more as the big kids are down from London for the w/end.

If all else fails I will just do the goodacre cup in my new IC and look jealously over at you guys.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

Ed I only have light wind crew for Shoestring and happy to do boat swaps etc with you.

Off early tomorrow so see you all there. Looking forward to seeing you all and doing a bit of sailing if I can remember how to do it.

oh yes I think I have some kind of report to do so I may be round asking for feedback on events I havent got to.

Rog

ps Ed I dont have a trap harness.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

yes, sorry Ed, as already discussed the weekend just was looking far to difficult to organise.

I have decided 2009 is a non-sailing year. I have only sailed once this year, at Baltic Wharf. The boat insurance has expired too.

I am still not sure if we have made the right decision, but I've made it now and there is no turning back - sorry :?
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Pat

Post by Pat »

I have decided 2009 is a non-sailing year
We've had one of those too, this will be the fourth time out this year and the first in the Merlin. We've realised we miss our sailing but there's just too many other things need our time. For those with young families it's even more difficult juggling all the commitments so good luck to you.
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Thanks Pat, that's just about the short and tall of it, too many other commitments. we're still sorry not to be coming.....
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
roger

Post by roger »

Sorry you wont be joining us Stu. We have hardly sailed this year either. About 4 times I think. I have your Tshirt here so you can pretend you were with us.
Love to Lizzie and the family.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353