Mayflower SC CVRDA Event 11th-12th June

Chat about CVRDA events
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Everyone

Mayflower Event for 2005 June 11th-12th
Will be starting from are club starting line at the end of the car park.
This means a three minute sail from slip to startline.

Program
Saturday 1 long distance race or two shorter ones decided by he competitors at the mid day briefing.

Evening still to be worked out.

Sunday Pursuit race am. Pm. Two races followed by prize giving.

Cost £15 double handers £10 singlehanders/cadets.
Enteries will be taken on the day or before hand by contacting me. One day entery also accepted but for Sunday must be entered by 9.30am.
For Further details contact me at alanbow@yahoo.co.uk

We hope to see as many of you as is possible.
Remember Sheltered Sea Sailing. Good locality. Plenty for Families to do in Plymouth and it's surroundings. Very good shoping. National Marine Aquarium opposite sailing club. Safe beachs within half an hours journey time from sailing club.
Plenty of B&B's with in walking distance of the club. Camping 3 miles away. Tourist information centres for Plymouth 01752 304849 or 01752 266030 campsite Riverside caravan park Longbridge Rd. Marshmills Plymouth 01752 344122 or Brixton Caravan and campimg park Venn Farm Brixton 01752 880378 about 6 miles from club. Camper vans can stay over night in the car park.

SAIL FAST AND OFTEN

Alan Williams
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We have just worked out that Kathryn is on duty at Whitefriars that weekend...and can't move it coz all weekends are bad at the mo'! So, we are now thinking along the lines of finding people to look after the kids at Whitefriars while K does duty, and for me to try and get the ToY in a fit state to sea sail by then...this might not work...but we will try!
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Rupert
It would be great to see you and with a Toy as well. The Toy I owned was no.147 and went up river to Saltash S.C., the last I heard off it was that they had snapped the seat and the lad I gave it to was heading off on the round the world race.
Hope you can make it.

Cheers Al
roger

Post by roger »

Rupert I may be short of a planker for Mayflower. If the Toy isnt ready do you fancy it?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yep!
Rupert
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Well, it's happened yet again (3 summers running).
We'll be away on our hols over this weekend. Really would like to come to this one.The OK is fully seaworthy, of course, and with parking/sleeping for the old VDub camper on site it would have been a great weekend. Maybe next year. Anytime but June.
Have fun,
Alan
chris

Post by chris »

Sorry Alan, Lois and I can't make it this year, We've opted for the Merlin event this time.
Good luck,
Ps If anyone needs a nudge to go to Plymouth DO GO! it's a great place to sail even if the water goes up and down and tastes funny. (you can tell I'm a pond sailor)
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Alan,
Regret I cant make it next weekend as my mother isnt too well. Apologies as I was really looking forward to it. Mayflower has to be my favourite event. Have to race you next year.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sadly, that means I will be absent too, as Kathryn is on duty, Tonka is now upside down with no fittings on and Roger's Hornet is unavoidably detained. Sorry...
Rupert