2010 events

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: 2010 events

Post by Rupert »

I've yet to hear back from BASC, so up to them, really!
Rupert
andye

Post by andye »

Rupert

Will chase up the sailing sec this week for the ok
Andy

OK 1429
Mercury 101
Mirror 14 703
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Thank you Andy!
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Hunts: I currently have three cvrda qualifying GP14s on my new Start to Race course and I'm hoping to encourage them to enter this as their first attempt at non-club racing, so that in itself should mean three local boats (apart from the Merlins). Since almost every boat I own bar the contender also qualifies: Bonito, Marauder, Agamemnon, Phantom Menace (?) I should be in a position to lend out boats to visitors or locals.

This year the Merlin meet was in May, but since I'm new there this year I have no idea if this is typical. Our Sailing Secretary is standing down so I doubt the fixtures for 2010 have even been thought of yet.

There is also a very old Finn in the club I shall try to unearth, plus a few others I think would qualify. I shall also promote at Grafham as I am a member there too (for the contender!)
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nessa, last year it was the early May bank hol which clashed with the main Merlin fleet training event at Rutland and took away some posible visitors. In previous years it has been a week after the first May bank hol.
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Bosham sailing club (Chichester) are thinking about a week-end in June as later the calendar is a little too busy. They liked the idea of a day of racing and a day of Cruise to the beach. The "Classic Dayboat" sec needs to put it by his committee.

I'll keep you posted.
Michael Brigg
jon711

Post by jon711 »

If I may, just to reiterate Oulton Week 2010 is 22 -27 August 2010. Club Racing will take part on 21 August and 28 August, if you want to appear you will be welcome.... However, be warned on the 21st very few people turn out, to save themselves for the week, and on the 28th the boats turning out will be even less, as most people are Oulton'ed out (Or at Barton Broad Regatta, which is always straight after Oulton Week). If Races on 28th - 30th are requested we can do that, but the 30th would have to be a river race (The powerboats have the Broad on Bank Holiday Monday)!..
We will hold an overall trophy for CVRDA eligable boats all week, if people want to do half the week, that is up to you - but if enough people decide to do that we could hold three seperate series, first half of week, second half of week, and an overall for the week. All we need to know is what you are after, IN ADVANCE so that we can set the program (and arrange prizes!!).

Sorry for being pushy, but, we do need to submit our programs to the NSBA, soon so that programs can be published....
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi Jon,
we will make sure that this week is pushed in our calendar. It will also be worth putting a few things up online and maybe in the forthcoming events bits of magazines nearer the time to say that there will be a classic dinghy start at the event, as you will be looking at a different catchment to those who generally look at this website.
I am currently trying to work out with Keith when to hold the Nationals, as he has volunteered the use of Clywedog as a location again. (We will be looking for an eastern location for 2011.) It will make sense to avoid the bank holiday and the weekend before, to keep Oulton week clear. As for the race format, set it up in the form that the local boats, and you, want. Any boats intending to visit, will, I'm sure, either fit themselves into the format or not mind, and join in with any races they can.
Rupert
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Thanks Rupert, the details are with the committee now. We just hope that there is a BIG turnout from the CVRDA. There is a possibilty of a trophy for each days racing....

And, if you want a venue for the 2011 nationals, given notice I'm sure Oulton Broad would br happy to oblige (that looks spelt wrong, but I'm not sure why?)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

For many who normally sailing with the cvrda, a week (or even part) of sailing in Norfolk would be something to dream about "maybe one day" but generally reality of work/kids/broken boat/apathy/cost will get in the way. There are not many members who get to the majority of events anyway, so you really will be looking to get many of the people who either contribute or read this forum from the east to come out and join in, even if they don't normally, possibly because most of the venues are in the SW...

I think it would be worth seeing how the cvrda and Oulton Broad get on before offering services as a Nationals venue, but if all goes well, it looks like it could be a great place to sail!
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Rupert
On talking to Graham recently he said that Roadford are going to run a regatta in May and that they would like to offer a class start for the CVRDA.
Will get back to you with more details.
Alan
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Bough Beech SC now confirmed as 19th June! Thank you Trevor, should be a goodie.
Anyone setting dates with committees, please avoid the 19th, and if possible, the weekends either side.
Rupert
andye

Post by andye »

Rupert

Event at BASC ok for next year. Will drop you a PM with our sailing secs details
Andy

OK 1429
Mercury 101
Mirror 14 703