2010 confirmed locations and dates

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

2010 confirmed locations and dates

Post by Rupert »

The previous thread was confusing me, so now we have some dates and places, I thought I'd start again

Whitefriars - Early April?? - Rupert TT event
Hunts - 15th May - Nessa
Staunton Harold - Peter V
Oulton Broad - 22-27 August -Jon711
Bough Beech - 19th June - Trevor JB9 TTevent
Tamar river - Ed?
Thames - mid July? - Mr Ben TT event
Bristol Avon - Sunday 18th April Andye TT event
Roadford - May? - Alan TTevent
Chichester - Michael
Clywedog - Nationals - Keith R - TT event

2011 TT
Shearwater - October? - Chris
Baltic Wharf??

1st come 1st served, where possible, on the dates. I know some events, like Hunts, have to work out when the Merlins want to be there, too. I hope we can avoid clashes and near clashes. I have put some of the events down tentatively as Traveller Trophy events. We have had a policy of having an event at least once before making it a traveller event, but this is not set in stone if people feel strongly. The format of the Oulton event certainly suggests that it would be better as a stand alone event. Having said that, it might be rather nice to have Hunts, Oulton, Thames and BBSC as a 4 event Eastern series - AG has kindly offered a trophy for something of that sort. No reason why a place can't wear many hats!
Last edited by Rupert on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rupert
Garry R

Re: 2010 confirmed locations and dates

Post by Garry R »

So - when are the Nationals as it looks as if Oulton Broad is now going to be the August Bank Holiday although I do appreciate it is a whole week but I wouldn't want to miss the Nationals. I also thought that the Nationals ended the CVRDA year and also that's when the AGM is held. If Oulton Broad and Clywedog clash then do we have a problem on numbers taking part for the Nats? It does look as if we have a very full calendar.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm hoping Keith will be able to put the Nationals on a little earlier in the month, as we certainly don't want a clash. As Oulton is a non TT event, the Nationals can still be the end of year event, with the Autumn events counting for the next year, as they do this year. Our accounting will be a little out, but then Netley was much earlier, and no one seemed to worry.
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

The great thing about the Nationals being at August Bank Holiday is that for those far (further) flung guys you have the time to travel without losing more holiday.
Pat

Post by Pat »

But this year it could be the Scottish Bank Holiday instead and you might have to bring Trish :)
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Maybe one of the Merlin sailors - Pat? - will have a contact number/email for Mike L at Hunts who organises the Merlin open? I had a chat with him a week or so ago about combining with us and he's very happy to see it happen. He might know what the date will be. Would more people come if they were also invited to club race the next day?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I don't know whether more would come, but some might decide to make a weekend of it, which might be fun.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Maybe one of the Merlin sailors - Pat? - will have a contact number/email for Mike L at Hunts who organises the Merlin open?
I haven't but Rupert has email addresses for Ben and Mervyn who organise for the vintage wing. They'll have a Hunts contact. We'd make a weekend of it, either continuing at Hunts or visiting Grafham or just doing the tourist thing, depending on what was available/possible.
chris

Post by chris »

I'll sent you Mike Liggett's email Rupert, for Hunts. He's the Merlin link there. (MR 235 and 40)
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Sorry to ramble on, what would the preference be for Oulton Week, split the week in two (Already pencilied in) or a complete week? My thoughts are divided, if we split the week in two, some people turn up for the first half, some people turn up for the other, and in all reports it may look like a poor turnout, or do we just go the whole hog and have a week trophy, with individual day prizes (so in effect, each day would be an open meeting)? With reports being able to report the full fleet turnout..

There is a a committee meeting next week when it will be discussed, just trying to get a straw poll of which you would prefer....

Jon
bert

Post by bert »

Morning Jon

I would be able to do the first half of the week 21 -24 only but would except to do these days.
Hope this helps.

Bert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

My thoughts would be to go for the latter option.

have a week trophy, with individual day prizes (so in effect, each day would be an open meeting)? With reports being able to report the full fleet turnout..
Harrier 25
505 7163
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Jon,
I'm interested in coming, either with my Finn or with my new 2 man dinghy (class currently unknown). Why not have a week long event, with small prizes for each day but have only 4 out of 7 to count?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We now have Bristol Avon SC, the place where the cvrda first germinated as an idea in Ed's head (even if he didn't know it yet!) back on the calendar. Sunday 18th April for some classic Springtime river sailing. Could be the best weather of the year!
Bristol Avon at Saltford, downstream from Bath, has the widest water and best clubhouse of the Upper Avon clubs. A delightful place to go and race, with plenty of classic boats in the dinghy park.
Detail can be found here:
http://www.bristol-avon-sailing.org.uk/news.php
Rupert
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi all

Sorry for late reply, have been away till today.

My idea was to have Nationals the weekend before Bank Holiday if that meets with approval so you can stay the following week and over Aug BH if you wish and join in with the club event that weekend.

The reason is that we already have open events on the other Bank Hols and I do not want to pinch another weekend away from a club event.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird