2010 confirmed locations and dates

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: 2010 confirmed locations and dates

Post by Rupert »

Trouble is, Oulton week is set in the wider sailing calendar, so if we wish to have a start there, it rather knocks out that weekend as a possible time slot. All thoughts welcome.
Rupert
keithr

Post by keithr »

We could always go for the weekend after but Schools probably back??

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Scotland - St Mary's? Bank Holiday weekend if things not set in stone?
Pat

Post by Pat »

What about two weeks before Aug Bank Hol (i.e. 14th and 15th Aug) for the Nationals then anyone who wants to could stay on for a few days and move on to Oulton Broad for the weekend and following week.
The Bank Holiday is 30th August so many schools will be back on 1st September again.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Those thinking about it might like to see these two pictures of Oulton Broad one as it was when I was a lad and one as it is now, apart from the development it is all recognisable
Attachments
Oulton nfk-brd-ob-6852.JPG
(207.26 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Simples.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Those thinking about it might like to see thesthis picture of Oulton Broad one as it was when I was a lad, circa 1962, apart from the development it is all recognisable.
Attachments
Oulton nfk-brd-ob-6852.JPG
(207.26 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
Simples.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

You are absolutely right - it doesn't seem to have changed at all in all the years. In fact people seem to be mooring their boats in the identical position and painting the hulls the same colour, the trees haven't grown at all and there are virtually no cars on the road. The place must be a complete blast from the past!!!! For a moment I thought I had turned into Doctor Who!!
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Did I post it twice oops.
The modern file was too big I will mail it directly to you G.
Simples.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Heres the modern picture cracked re-sizing at least I got the girl to do it!
Broads Oulton Broad from Air.JPG
(29.17 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Simples.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

As AG and Rupert both know the Oulton Broad Yacht Club, have allocated start times to the CVRDA for next year. If you want this as a permanent event (or just a re-occuring one) then you will need to turn up!! Can I encourage, CVRDA members from Noth Norfolk, Norfolk, Sufolk and Essex (Not forgetting Cambs, and elsewhere) to please put this in thier diary's and turn up....
I do have some influence at the the club, but unless we get a turnout, I can't fight the corner to keep the CVRDA included for future years...
We need YOU, yes YOU, the classic boat sitting in a garage that get's sailed once a year, to make the once a year sail at OULTON WEEK.

I appreciate it's along way off (time wise), but it may be worth informing me, if you are coming, and if so booking accomodation NOW..

THE FINAL WORD - IF NO-ONE TURNS UP YOU WILL LOOSE THE START TIMES.... (For future years!!)

It has taken a lot of work to get you these starts at Oulton Week, please don't let me down....
Pat

Post by Pat »

We're interested in Oulton Broad but can't commit until we have some other dates fixed such as Clywedog Nationals as we have a French holiday to book which has to be school hols AND then have to be sure that work will allow the time off, fitting in with the rest of the office staff and the building jobs. All of which is probably fairly typical for all of us, hence the lack of positive responses.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We now have a date for a cvrda meeting at Hunts - together with the Vintage Merlins - May 15th. I know Roadford are planning a May event, so I hope we can keep them apart?
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Shearwater 2010 now confirmed as Saturday 2nd October.
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Jon,

I do not believe that I am writing this BUT I've just written Oulton Broad up - in ink - on my wall planner. Will there be somewhere I can park a camper van? Not sure what I'll be sailing - default is a Merlin. I'll not ask for assurances that I'll be safe up there (I know that the local peasants can be restless) and that there may be excess fluid intake.

Dave C - how far is this from your baliwick? Can I park the camper on your drive? Will my attending attract the attentions of some of the other locals up there?
All joking aside, I think that the idea of Oulton is great and that if camping can be sorted, this could be a great week!

Am looking forward to it

David
MR 3025
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you're going to do it properly David just add Pyefleet week to that calendar too and make it a proper expedition to the east :D