Fixtures 2012

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: Fixtures 2012

Post by Rupert »

IOW would be lovely for the 6 boats who go... The event needs to be at a club where boats which break don't need the RNLI called out after them... and somewhere where there is a keen classic boat sailor or sailors to be keen about running the event... Lovely place I know of in Kent sounds just the job, Trevor!
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I have emailed the fixtures secretary with the invitation to come to Kent.
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Post by roger »

Itis with the commitee but I dont see any problems. May be we can have a chat after the weekend.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

Would there be any interest in a northern meeting at Kielder? Huge inland water, free camping, friendly club. Either as a fleet in our May or Sept opens or if demand is there as a meeting in its own right?
Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

I'd come up for that - and I'd probably make a week of it
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
roger

Post by roger »

Graham, it totally depends on your local turnout. We are more than happy to promote and advise on how we run our events and handicapping but at the end of the day it is your event and you can run it in any way you like. We have a tried and tested system that seems to work and each host club puts its own mark on it.
Our experience shows that events that succeed on the whole have a large local support and a few travellers, a great example of this was last weekends meeting at Hunts. A large turnout of 25 boats a few distance travellers and loads of boats from nearby and the host club. It helped that Nessa has a collection of boats she loaned out.
If you want to hold an event we can give you all the support and please dont hesitate to ask.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Next year the end of May bank Holiday (half term) isn't in May. It's being moved to first week of June and getting an extra day for the Queen's jubilee so what about 2-5 June for a trip away???
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sounds like a good idea - we know not to run a one day meeting that weekend, too.
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Ok so we have the Nats fixed for the usual August bank holiday at Bough Beech. I have had offers from Shearwater, Roadford ,Clwedog, and Hunts and a new one at Kielder if Graham decides to go ahead.

Bosham will be in September and we also have the Holt Centennial regatta (more details to follow).

Any others and any preferred dates?

Looks like we are really spreading our wings.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Would it be possible to run something at Keilder so that it was a week before or a week after the Lord Birkett to make a really good trip north??
roger

Post by roger »

I have an update.

So far confirmed dates are.

Bough Beech Nationals August Bank Holiday weekend.

Bosham mid september.

Shearwater 29th 30th September. There will be a Holt trophy for Holt boats to celebrate the Holt centennial. Details to be confirmed and they are trying to arrange camping on site again.

The Holt centennial is still under negotiation and details will be provided as soon as we have them.

Anyone else want to suggest some dates?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

We had a committee meeting on Sunday at Kielder and in principle people were very keen - just need to sort some dates..... One of the favourites was the August bank holiday but that would clash with the CVRDA Nationals so probably best avoided... Do you think having a classic and vintage start on with one of our standard open meetings would work? We will be having one on the first May bank holiday weekend with standard olympic courses for the visiting Javelins on Sat and Sun with the dam to dam long distance trophy on the Monday... At the beginning of Sept we will be having Ospreys and Lasers which would also suit. We always have a slow and fast handicap start so either putting the classics into one of them or having a separate start would be possible.

If you think it is not a good idea to mix in with one of these meetings then we will look at other days.

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Looks like a fantastic piece of water from looking at the website. If you can get the local support (I know there are various south of Scotland sailors on here, too, who might be interested) then a 3 day bank holiday meeting might work for those who like to travel, and running it on the same weekend as another meeting takes the pressure off numbers wise.

Alan/Brooksey, is Roadford likely yo be the 2nd may B/H?
Rupert
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

A pre-midgie date would get my vote :lol:
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I think that if the club are happy a joint event is a good idea. It should need only a few more helpers if any and the same courses can be used. It makes for a bigger event and more worthwhile for the club.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash