Blithfield event 2013

Chat about CVRDA events
davidh

Re: Blithfield event 2013

Post by davidh »

Hi there,

I wrote to Ben Marshall who does the dates for the classic merlins so they do know. Sadly for Steve (Crook, our Int 12 man) it is the same weekend as west kirby but I'm hopeful of spending time at both locations!

but Luke, if it is at all possible, I'd want to sail there in the smokers...... just so you have someone to race against

D
David H
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

kfz wrote:
moggy wrote:Luke

I've put it in the diary.... and I'll try and drag a few gp14's to it.... as we're getting a GP14 vintage fleet up and running and most are based around the north west, north wales and the midlands!!

Gareth
Im up for this one too Gaz.

Kev
That would be brilliant, we have atleast one local GP confimed and I believe there are one or two more hiding somewhere. Need to scour the membership list.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

davidh wrote:Hi there,

I wrote to Ben Marshall who does the dates for the classic merlins so they do know. Sadly for Steve (Crook, our Int 12 man) it is the same weekend as west kirby but I'm hopeful of spending time at both locations!

but Luke, if it is at all possible, I'd want to sail there in the smokers...... just so you have someone to race against

D
Yeah I spoke to Ben and Mervyn. I dont think we will be combining with the DeMay this year but Mervyn is bringing 'Kate' so if we have a decent turn out for the classic Merlins and the event goes well then next year is a posssibility.

With your smokers, mine and my NSM II there should be a good few around that era.

Ive also had a couple of Ospreys and a Fireball interestes so if we can find some more competion for them too that would be great.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
roger

Post by roger »

If I can work out the weekends off work we may come on our way to the Lakes. Now Merlin or Hornet. .....probably the merlin as that is what we are taking to Ullswater.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

I'm hoping to get a good turn out for the Merlins do I say go for that. Is your boat 799?

I really want a good turn out for this as I would like to make it an annual event if there is good support.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
scorpion_1925

Post by scorpion_1925 »

hi

only just seen this post but is there a date for this? if it fits around club racing and scorpion nationals i could bring a magnum 8 moth over
Scorpion 1925
International moth magnum 8

Ford Capri
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Yeah the date is the 29th and 30th June. Hope that suits.

Theres some info on the events page on the main website and more will follow as it gets arranged.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven