Roadford Lowrider Moth Handicaps.

Chat about CVRDA events
alan williams

Roadford Lowrider Moth Handicaps.

Post by alan williams »

Hi All lowrider Moths are welcome
I intend to use the handicap numbers suggested by Lyndon for this event which should result in fairer racing for the Lowriders. The result would be a Moth handicap class (those that would qualifie for CVRDA would count for points in both Moth & CVRDA classes). Lyndons figures would need to be converted to three figures but thats not difficult.
Recommended Handicaps are as four figures.
PY1000
Design Hungrey tiger, Axeman 6&7, Skippy 1,2, and 3, Magnum 9.9 plus any other designs first built after 1995

PY1020
Magnum 9, 9.5 Axeman 2to5, Pearce 6, Blitz 2and 3, Aussie Axeman and equivalent designs first built between 1989 and 1995 example Ghoul 3

Py 1060
Magnum 8, Axeman 1, Blitz1and 2, Gentleman Jim

PY 1100
Magnum 5and6

PY1115
Magnum 3and 4 and any other design of Moth still racing built in the early 1980's

I would like to add that any designs pre 80's may have a handicap awarded by the CVRDA handicap Committee which may be adjusted.
Hope this will make things more interesting for you all and I hope to greet as many of you as possible at Roadford on the 8th June.
Regards Al Finns 424 & 670 ex Chelsea Morning and Scow Mothie
Last edited by alan williams on Fri May 17, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bornagainmothie

Re: Roadford Lowrider Moth Handicaps

Post by bornagainmothie »

Thanks for the invite Alan, I am hoping to get to Roadford. I have some repairs to do on the Magnum 7 as I cracked the side of the hull during a capsize at Chasewater recently! Gaffa tape has held ok since, but rather fix it properly. I have to preserve the paint job too !!!!

Is there camping on site at the club?

Lyndon
alan williams

Re: Roadford Lowrider Moth Handicaps

Post by alan williams »

Hi Lyndon
Yes camping is on site and is booked through Roadford Water Sports Centre Tel 01409211507 e-mail roadfordwatersports@swlakestrust.org.uk
Looking forward to seeing you is Stuart coming as well?
Cheers Alan
ptostu

Re: Roadford Lowrider Moth Handicaps.

Post by ptostu »

Hello alan will see what I can do, got permission lol just need to sort out some other bits and bobs and work and not been in the boat yet this year so if I make it iwill probably fall out lots
Cheers stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
makerofthings

Post by makerofthings »

hey up there, thinking i might head up with my 9.9 again, would be really good to sail with a few lowriders before i have to sell the old girl...
the more the merrier!
makerofthings

Post by makerofthings »

c'mon mothists!
who's definitely coming? looking forward to a little tippy competition....
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
At the present time there should be a couple of Magnums and maybe a Stockholm Sprite. THese are the boats we know about.
Will be good to see you.
Regards Alan
makerofthings

Post by makerofthings »

hi alan,
magic... i will be there, what time you starting on saturday?
i'm hoping for a little less wind than last year, and a bit more than sunday....
cheers. dan.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Dan first Series race start is signal is 12.55,. Here is afun race starting at 10.30 if your interested, (it is a stand alone race),.
See you Saturday.
Regards Al
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Well, I now know it isn't a Stockholm Sprite and is probably a one off. As of today there are still no fittings on the boat but the painting is finished. However, the boat is not my main concern. Sunday is Her Indoors' 40th birthday do and although I have permission to absent myself provided I am back for tea, consent is one thing, approval is another... :cry:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Yes, I'm coming to Roadford with my Magnum7, and hopefully a 1 metre R/C as well if it still works.
I fixed the hole in the side of the moth before going to Saundersfoot Coppet Week with the Fireball. Back at the weekend, Fireball washed and put to bed, Moth re-assembled and sailed at home puddle on Sunday. Noticed a bit of soft ply under the wing bar, so back home for another repair tonight. Dug out a small section of deck and replaced it in 3mm with some carbon cloth bonded in to the bulkhead and shroud plate area. That should strengthen what has to be the most vulnerable part of the hull, where wing bar pulls down and the shroud pulls upwards when hiking to windward. Ready for a nice force3 now so its not tested too much!

Permission for all this sailing is costing me dear though, her ladyship has requested a B&B at Roadford, so not camping now.
Travelling down on Friday as we have the day off.

Lyndon
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

does anyone have any 'old money' pys for these moths? I also know my mystery moth is racing, built in 76, any suggestions for a py for it?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes I've got it all under control. Ian (spiderman) & I went through Moth handicaps at Blithfield and sorted out reasonable figures. It's all on my laptop Sailwave which will be with me.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

da yoof and JT were out in the magnum 5 and the mystery moth this afternoon - they looked alovely chasing each other round the lake. The mystery machine looked about the same pace as the mag 5. It's going to be interesting to see how they all get on.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World