National Rally - Saturday afternoon

Chat about CVRDA events
Nessa

National Rally - Saturday afternoon

Post by Nessa »

Here's a thought: how about doing this as a shortened 24hr race, so we form various teams and then start racing at around 2pm. We could race for three or four hours with crews stopping to have pit stops/comfort breaks/food whenever they liked. Latecomers need not rush to rig a boat, they can simply jump in their 'team' boat and do a few laps before going off ot set up, find accommodation etc. This means people get to sail different boats, they get to know each other, everyone sails as much or as little as they like, and a good time is had by all.

Any thoughts?

I need to start formalising this quite soon now, so I can get a Notice of Race drawn up.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Re: National Rally - Saturday afternoon

Post by Rupert »

It would be a nice way of getting to know the lake, provided there are boats available that the owners don't mind not knowing exactly who will be sailing in their boat? Might it also be nice to mix up the sailors, so maybe some who know what they are doing can take out some of the people who are still learning to race and give them some pointers?

I was also going to ask the Minisails if they would like a short coaching session (concentrating on getting round a course) on the Sat at some point, but no reason that can't be fitted round other stuff

As Kathryn has her birthday on Saturday (she will be 21) we are planning to bring a bucket of Pimms along for general refreshment as the afternoon wears on. Nessa, any thoughts on how that can fit into the scheme of things? We can supply scones, jam and cream too, if people think that might be a nice way to spend what is bound to be a sunny day?!

By the way, Nessa, do you know what the Golden Lion hotel is like, and howfar from the club as the sailor staggers?
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sounds like fun! Are we able to camp (camper van with own facilities) on site this year?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Nessa, we have now booked into the Golden Lion for Sat and Sun nights - should be better for my poor old back, and means I won't be combining camping, sailing and Kathryn's birthday - a very bad combo since a very wet Firefly Nats in the early 90's...

This will only change if K's mid life crisis turns into a VW California!
Rupert