Lord Birkett Trophy

Chat about CVRDA events
Nessa

Lord Birkett Trophy

Post by Nessa »

We have entered in Agamemnon (but will take the 2000 if he/she isn't ready) Pat and Sandy are listed, Peter has entered, as have Chris and Lois and Pat and sandy. I see there is a Swordfish on the entry list which I'm looking forward to seeing, plus some open sailing canoes.

Looks exciting!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Re: Lord Birkett Trophy

Post by Pat »

Yes and there's a few more Shearwater members sailing non-cvrda boats - Geoff and Margaret with a new YW Dayboat, Ken with a Wayfarer and Chris (who used to crew the red Hornet with Roger) & Catherine in the RS400.
Most of us are camping at Waterside. We're there from Tuesday to Tuesday, going up from Blithfield and making a holiday of it.
Those who've been before tell us to expect to be out there for a long time!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I will be sailing Maggie, the Devoti Finn in this event. We've booked into the Waterside as well.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Pat

Post by Pat »

Looking at the gusts coming down Ullswater today I'd go for the reliable plastic boat over the precious classic - at least the forecast for Saturday is better.
Looking forward to the event.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Wow, what a weekend. Long, long race on Saturday, getting windier as we went down the lake until it got quite hairy at the turning island down near Glenridding, then a long hairy run back, all in glorious sunshine. A very weary team waited for the wind on Sunday morning and after a light breeze filled in we raced to the top of the lake, then had a very, very hot slow run down halfway and then a beat back in slightly more breeze. Well done to Chris and Lois, Pat and Sandy and Pat and Tim for completing both races with the CVDRA honours going to Pat and Tim in Merlin 1066.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash