Hunts 2014

Chat about CVRDA events
Nessa

Hunts 2014

Post by Nessa »

I have now had it confirmed from Mikey that we will be combining with the de May series for this event, although I'm not sure if it will be for one day or both.

The CVRDA event will be over the Saturday 3rd and the Sunday 4th May, and unless the Merlins object too much I am suggesting two races on Saturday afternoon, then three more, combined with club racing, on the Sunday. If the Merlins want a one day event on the Saturday there will be a Saturday morning race just for their Open. Obviously if you're coming for both you can sail as many races as you like! Full details ie races to count etc, later on.

Camping will be available and we have recetnly extended the boat park/car park, so you won't have to sit on top of each other., dogs are allowed on site provided they are kept on a lead, all CVRDA eligible boats welcome plus I will be allowing woodie single floor phantoms and low rider moths. I'm afraid I can't provide warm up entertainment in the form of a ToY seat to play with, but you never know what else might turn up....

I will take bookings for a meal out on Saturday night in walkable to St Ives nearer the time, alternatively I can arrange an evening meal in the clubhouse, let me know which is preferred. The Bank Holiday Monday is our Friends and Family Day, so you are welcome to stay on if you want to make a full weekend of it.

The club has a great affection for the CVRDA, so should be a good weekend!

So far I am expecting:

Pat and Sandy in the Albacore
Rupert and Charlie in a Firefly
Chris and Trevor in a Jollyboat
Phil Neve in a 1959 Heron
A Scout dad with some sort of ketch!!
Stephen in the mag 5
Giles and crew in his woodie Wayfarer

Are there more? Please let me know asap so I can plan food.

Some of the 2nd St Ives Sea Scouts have been selected for the World Jamboree in Japan next year and will be on hand as trolley dollies, parking attendants, go-fors etc, so please do make use them them and tip their fuind raising bucket as you see fit!
Last edited by Nessa on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan watson

Re: Hunts 2014

Post by alan watson »

Thank you Nessa,

I seem to have been appointed unofficial Moth event coordinator. The v informal survey suggested three events to see if a bit of a moth focus can be achieved.

Hunts is an obvious and Together with Roadford and Banbury make a good geographic spread.

I will post a notice shortly and personally I am looking forward greatly to sailing with other classic vintage or plain old Lowriders.

Best Wishes
Alan
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Whelan clan are in the early stages of putting a plan together to bring Saskia up for Charlie and me to sail, while K&P go off to see P's Godmother. However, phone calls need to be made to sort it all out!
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just bringing the official Hunts thread to the top, so Nessa can keep track of all the comments and questions without having to resort to multiple thread watching.
Rupert
kev alway

Post by kev alway »

ive recently bought an axeman 3 from hunts i maybe interested if eligible
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. I'm disinclined to allow the non cvrda eligible ie post 1985 low riders, simply because my experience is that very few people seem to be able to sail them well enough to race them. This means they sop up safety cover and stretch our resources to the limit. I'm afraid both Ed and Mark, both Axeman owners here at Hunts, were great examples of that, and I am concerned that having capsizing skinny moths all over the place could spoil the event for others. I think for this reason I want to limit entries to the pre 1985 builds. This was only ever the intention at Hunts.

Sorry.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Starting to look good again for Hunts, though Kathryn needs to be on a flight to Munich from Heathrow the Monday evening.

Will just be the one boat, (Saskia) and Charlie and I sailing, I think, and not sure what time we will be there for on Saturday, as it is my daughter's birthday, but will join in when able. Funny how it always seems to be a family birthday during a Hunts meeting.
Rupert
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Nessa, Looking good for Jollyboat 325 at Hunts on the 3rd. Should be at least 2 of us. What do you have planned for the evening? probably up for a meal and drinks.

Also, have I missed the race times or are they on the Hunts SC websire?

Chris
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Sorry to have been a bit haphazard with this. I am having my knee op next Tuesday so have masses to do beforehand. It also means I won't be sailing, but I do hope to be on site as a sedentary spectator!

There will be 6 races with 4 to count. First race on Saturday starting at 11.00am. Then lunch then two more races. Same pattern on Sunday although as we then mix with club racing the first start will be 11.30am.

On Saturday we are joined by the de May Merlins and the Signets.

Camping is available free of charge on Friday and Saturday, but if arriving on Friday please pm me with an eta so I can arrange for someone to meet you and let you in.

The town of St Ives is very close with shops, pubs, restaurants and some B&B s. Easy walking distance. If there is interest I can source a restaurant with good veggie options. Maybe Indian or some such?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Looks like we will have a spare crew (Charlie - 14, keen, nearly as good as he thinks he is, likes going fast) for the weekend, as I think Kathryn and I are going to sail together for the 1st time in a while... could be noisy...
Rupert
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

Nessa - so sorry that Chris, Amy and I won't be able to make it this year to Hunts. We had a planned holiday for October but due to Amy's work commitments we have had to move it forward - so we will be sailing around the Greek Islands when the Hunts event is on!!
Hope all goes well and also with the knee!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Much changes in 24 hours, I'm afraid. Kathryn has had to go to London for the rest of the week, as she has been asked to go in place of a Yank to a conference, as he can't get over. It means she won't be back till late Friday, and will be knackered then, so I'm afraid we won't be making the trip across to Hunts - just one thing too many, I'm sad to say.

My apologies, Nessa. I hope you have a great weekend.
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

That's a shame, there's a very competitive mirror coming which I had Charlie lined up for. Hopefully we will see you at Roadford, either something old and something new. Have you seen my suggestion of a sub twelve footer event in Y&Y?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

The RO is suggesting that we might like to try and squeeze in four races on Saturday, since the forecast for Sunday is a touch on the light side. Any objections? Seems very sensible to me.

Edited to say I have thought this over and we will play it by ear!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Personally, I would go for more races on Saturday. That is mostly as I now cannot do the Sunday so Chris maybe looking for a crew.

Trevor
Harrier 25
505 7163