Aldeburgh YC 3rd and 4th September 2016

Chat about CVRDA events
Chalky

Re: Aldeburgh YC 3rd and 4th September 2016

Post by Chalky »

Don't forget there is club racing on Wednesday evening for anyone keen enough to test the local waters.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hello, Wendy and I are also planning to continue Eastwards from Hunts and do a bit of touring on the way across to Aldeburgh. We will be in a motor home towing my classic International Moth and will probably drop the boat off on Thursday if that's ok with the club? We have campsites booked for during the week, however, if possible we would like to stay at the club on the Saturday night so that we can enjoy the "apres sail" without having to drive anywhere. Our motor home is 22 feet long so If a suitable space could be reserved that would be greatly appreciated. As we will already be in the area we will arrive at the club quite early if that helps.

Looking forward to what promises to be a great event.

Regards

Ian M
Int Moth K2883
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Ian
No problem dropping boat off early, make yourself known to the boatmen when you do, if you arrive early on Saturday we will find somewhere for you to park (why not arrive Friday afternoon as the bar will be open till at least 21.00 and homemade pizza will be available)
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Sam Sally Albacore and campervan arriving Friday night . Keep the bar open til we get there!!!!!
Sam
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Try everything I can!
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

If the club bar is shut it's only a short walk to the White Hart. The club president will be at the right end of the bar.
Any repairs from the previous weekend can be arranged through one of our sponsors, Demon Yachts or my nearby barn is available for DIY owners.
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

I will be looking for a crew for the I14 so if anyone is interested let me know, Giles has first dibs if he still wants to :D
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Boat dropped off at Aldeburgh. Nice club. Water looks great and there is plenty of it, but us lake sailors must remember that it is salty and flows in and out beneath us!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Pat
Enjoy your tour of the Suffolk Coast and look forward to seeing you over the weekend, wind for Saturday looks good and should be blowing up the river
chris

Post by chris »

Many thanks to all at Aldeburgh, We'll forgive you for ordering a little too much wind!
And congrats to Sandy and Pat for winning the farming prize for the best ploughed furrow.
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Thank you, starting to plan next year as had so many positive comments, may bring the event forward to June or July, will keep everyone informed. Hope you all had a safe journey home
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Pictures of event at www.eastcoast.photos
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nice weekend, welcoming club, great safety boat service, just too much wind this year. Well done Ian for winning the fast dinghies fleet in the Shelley Moth. Great to see large home fleets of unusual classics, both the Loch Longs and the Aldeburgh Lapwings who braved the weather and the other boats that came to play - Int 14, N12, Graduate, Brightlingsea OD, Wivenhoe OD etc..... Also good to see a Lazy E for the first time.
I'll post some pictures and movies on Facebook.
Thanks to all at Aldeburgh and hoping for better weather next year.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

We'll look forward to seeing you all again + some more, great to have a clubhouse full of people talking boats and not the quality of the skinny lattes!
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

A big thank you to all those at AYC who helped make the weekend truly memorable in spite of, or perhaps because of, the weather! A special thank you to John Adcroft whose hard work both before and during the event was clearly evident and his help and guidance when we first arrived was greatly appreciated. Patrick the Race Officer and his team did a great job in difficult conditions and although I was fortunate enough not to need their services the ever present rescue crews were very reassuring. A really great place to sail, lots of beautiful wooden boats and a lovely friendly club that we are really looking forward to visiting again in the future so please do it again next year?

Ian & Wendy