Banbury 8th October

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Banbury 8th October

Post by Pat »

The details are now on the events page.
3 races starting 11:00 and lunch will be available (they always feed us well)
There is a limit of 16ft 6ins length due to the lease conditions.

In the evening there is a supper and jazz band for which advance booking is needed
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Spiderman

Re: Banbury 8th October

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Tim and Pat,

We are still planning to come and Lyndon should also be there with his two Moths.
As we have done for the previous events at Banbury we would like to arrive on Friday evening if that's ok and hope to get there around nine in the evening. We will be in the motor home with Baxter and bringing the Moth this time as we haven't had time to get the Merlin ready this year. Looking forward to the Jazz night and seeing everyone again.

Ian& Wendy
roger

Post by roger »

Hi all,

I am looking for someone to sail with me in the Hornet. Anyone fancy a bit of planking?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Roger, I might be available if you want :D
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the offer I have a work colleague coming with me now. He has been asking to sail with me for some time and as it is forecast to be light I thought it would be a good opportunity.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

Thanks to Pat & Tim and all the Banbury crowd for a great day yesterday. It was Mariusz first time ever sailing and he really enjoyed himself.
He particularly wanted to thank you for your friendly welcome to a total newcomer. I think he may be hooked.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Many thanks to Pat and Tim who clearly put in a great deal of work and even accommodated a strange two legged craft.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
chris

Post by chris »

Many thanks to Pat and Tim and the Banbury team for a great weekend.
C&L
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Another great weekend at Banbury Sailing Club so a big thank you to Tim, Pat and the team whose hard work made the event a resounding success.
It was really nice to see such a wide variety of boats that included some that were making a first appearance at a CVRDA event such as Peter's Swift catamaran, a Varnished OK, Roger's wooden planker Hornet and a nice wooden GP14. As well as new boats on the CVRDA scene there were a few new faces too and hopefully they enjoyed themselves as much as we did and will join us at other events in the future. It's always nice to see more varnished wood than plastic on the water even though each have their place in racing dinghy development. Maybe next season will see a few more early GRP boats as the word spreads about the eligibility changes approved at the AGM?

Ian and Wendy
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

A five star weekend as usual for Banbury!!

Many thanks to Tim and Pat especially for the great and plentiful food.

Band was excellent, don't know how you do it Pat :D

Thanks also to Ollie for crewing, one of the best I've sailed with, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did....

Looking forward to next season, (now which boat shall I bring? :lol: )
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Thanks to all at Banbury SC for another great meeting.
A slight lack of water in the pond restricted the playing field, but the Race Officer's depth sounding was spot on with the shallows marked, and I managed to keep clear of the mud all day. With a few unpredictable windshifts thrown in, we had some tight racing.
Congratulations to Ian M who managed to wriggle free from the Merlin's grip each time in his Shelley, of course, I was just hanging back to thank Pat for the apple crumble!
It was good to be joined by a few new additions to the classic regulars. a bargain boat, one carefully refurbed and a fully restored two- boats-in-one, as well as a press-ganged crew, completely new to sailing (and bailing, now expert!) Hope to see you all again at the next event.

Cheers
Lyndon
ekethump

Post by ekethump »

Hi all,
As posted on FB I would like to thank everyone for making Saturday such a memorable event. My first sailing visit with OK 1745. Thank everyone for their compliments on the boat although I am afraid I cannot take credit for that as I bought it in July when the refurbishment had already been done, thanks to Martin Wyeth for that. Also thanks to everyone for making Dianne and Kerry so welcome, we are already looking forward to doing it again. It was nice to see a planker Hornet again, brought back a few memories, thank you Roger and well done to your new crew. See you all soon. :D :D :D
Enterprise 20922 bought 2008
OK 1745 (sold 2020)
OK 2062 (sold 2021)
Supernova 707 (sold 2022)
Supernova 1195 bought 2021
Adventurer acquired 2022
Member of Emberton Park Sailing Club since 1980