Hykeham Who's coming?

Chat about CVRDA events
sam mason

Hykeham Who's coming?

Post by sam mason »

The catering side would like a rough idea of how much salad to provide for the Saturday night BBQ. Could you let us know how many to expect please. I could do with an idea of how many are likely to appear on the Friday night and a ball park time please so I can ensure the gates are open. We have campervan space but may need to adjust the carpark a bit so numbers there please. We are dog friendly but leads are required at busy periods. The lake is a lovely shade of blue with no significant weed. Hope to see you all there
bornagainmothie

Re: Hykeham Who's coming?

Post by bornagainmothie »

Count me in, and this time I will bring something to cook. Moth and Campervan, hopefully arriving Friday evening.

Cheers

Lyndon
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Sam,

We will be there again this year with the motorhome so please count us in for the Salad for the BBQ. We will probably have some extra meat in case Lyndon forgets to bring any? We were thinking of setting off a bit earlier on the Friday so as to miss the evening rush hour in which case we would be arriving mid afternoon. We can wait outside the compound if necessary until you arrive to let us in, but if that is likely to be a problem we can travel later in the day. Just remembered the first set of gates near the pub, will these be locked as well? Let me know what you think anyway and we will adjust our plans accordingly. Will you be in the Merlin this time or in the Albacore again?

Cheers

Ian and Wendy
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Hi Ian
I knew I could rely on you!. The club policy is now to keep the top gate locked when the club is not open . This does not pose a problem because I can be there at almost any reasonable time. Give me a clue nearer the time and it will be done
Lyndon says he will remember food...... A likely story
Sam
chris

Post by chris »

My plan is to drive up from Somerset on the Friday arriving later afternoon maybe 4 or 5 pm, can confirm meagre the time. I have to pick Lois up from the station Friday evening as she is coming from Newcastle.
Yes please to bbq etc.

Oh and Sam if you did find a pair of those tube bailers I am still interested. Thanks
Chris and lois
chris

Post by chris »

Lois’ train is at 5.45 so I hope to arrive before that!
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Chris,
I can pick Lois up if that helps or you are pushed for time.
There is an Asda just up the road if you want to pick up fresh meat for the BBQ
The bailers are in my shed. I was beginning to wonder what I should do with them
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

We are coming on Saturday morning and camping overnight. We will bring bbq food if that helps. I’m planning on sailing the Finn. There will be two horrid dogs.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Hi Nessa
Looking forward to seeing you and the dogs. The BBQ is bring and burn so I cant get it wrong! The club will provide salad etc and there is an Asda just up the road for all your other requirements
Sam
chris

Post by chris »

sam mason wrote:Chris,
I can pick Lois up if that helps or you are pushed for time.
There is an Asda just up the road if you want to pick up fresh meat for the BBQ
The bailers are in my shed. I was beginning to wonder what I should do with them
Sam if you could pick Lois up I would be very grateful as my own ETA is anyone’s quess probably, still aiming at the afternoon with a smallish camper. Will bring some BBQ food.
Her train should arrive at 17.45. She is coming from Newcastle and changing at Newark.

If you can manage that I would be very grateful, but let me know if it’s a problem.
Many thanks
Chris
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Chris,
No problem at all . Consider it done
chris

Post by chris »

Wonderful. Thank you.
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

Hi Sam

I’m planning to be there, probably arrive Friday late afternoon... 5ish

Cheers
Keith
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Thanks for letting me know Keith. The gates will be open even if I am at the railway station
Sam
chris

Post by chris »

Sam, Lois now has to stay in Newcastle for longer to get her elderly aunt into a home so I’m sorry to say we won’t be able to make Hykeham after all and she won’t need collecting from the station.
Good luck for the weekend, hope to make another time.
Chris