Bowmoor Rally

Chat about CVRDA events
Spiderman

Bowmoor Rally

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Everyone,
We are only a fortnight away now from the next event on the calendar which is the Rally at Bowmoor Sailing Club on Coln Park Lake just off the A417 between Lechlade and Fairford.
The lake has just been cleared of curly leaved asian pondweed by a professional company so there should be no problems with weed unless you stray too far into the shallows.
The club is aiming for a similar format to last year's event, but hopefully with a little less wind on the Sunday this time!
Briefing will be at approximately 12:00 if everyone is ready by then.
First Start: Not before 1300 on the Saturday - we will aim for 3 races with a break between each race. On the Sunday we will try to get a race in before the Club racing at 1130 and then a separate start within the club racing sequence.

Entry £15 for non-Bowmoor Members.
Camping £5 pr person. per night. There is a large grassy area for tents and plenty of space for motorhomes etc.

The club BBQ will be available for "Bring and Burn" your own meat and if we have an idea on numbers we can provide Salad and bread.
The bar will be open on Saturday evening ( Lagers for £1.50, Beers from £2.50 and G&T £2).

There are also two good take-aways we use: the curry house in Lechlade and the Chinese in Fairford. Details of these will be given at the briefing if required.

The galley is now run by outside caterers and we can probably have the canteen open on the Saturday lunchtime and Sunday morning for breakfast depending on the demand. It is always open on Sunday for lunches and they have recently started offering Sunday Roast provided you book these before the 11:30 race.

It would be a big help if people could let us know if they plan to attend and if so what their preferences are:
BBQ - Yes or No
Saturday Lunch - Yes or No
Sunday Breakfast – Yes or No

This is the last event before the 20th Anniversary National Rally so maybe a final chance to get some practice in against the likely contenders before doing battle at Roadford! Hope to see you there.

Best Regards

Ian and Wendy
PeterV

Re: Bowmoor Rally

Post by PeterV »

Jane and I are planning to come, we'll join with th bbq but don't need catering for any more.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Wanting to come, with N12 'Spider' and BM 'Pisces' or Finn 468 but - worrying about the weather with gusts up to 48 mph on Saturday - if the forecast does not change will not come :-(

j./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Very sorry but we will not be coming this year, forecast looks dreadful.

Peggy would definitely not survive.

Keith & Su
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sunday's forecast looks like a nice day for sailing though!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sorry Ian, we've decided not to come. I was hoping to test a few sails on the wooden mast, clearly I won't be able to do that.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
TimBury

Post by TimBury »

We have been watching the forecasts hoping they might change but it's far too windy for us in afraid, so we won't be coming. See you all at Roadford. Tim Bury Ten-Sixty-Six
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Yes, I have also been watching the various forecasts all week in the hope that things might change, but the only thing that has is the maximum wind speed in the gusts by the odd mile per hour!
Rather than cancelling and risking some people not getting the message we have decided to carry on with the meeting even though it is fairly unlikely that there will be any racing tomorrow. The hope is that Sunday will be less extreme and we can get three races in by early afternoon. I completely understand if people decide not to come this weekend because of the weather and the risk of breaking boats just before the Roadford event. Anyway, I am already at Bowmoor and Lyndon will be joining me later this evening so if anyone else turns up they will still be made welcome and have access to the club facilities. Hopefully the forecast for Roadford is a bit more favourable and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards

Ian
Pat

Post by Pat »

We'll come up for the day on Sunday but still not able to sail.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)