Roadford National Rally

Chat about CVRDA events
PeterV

Roadford National Rally

Post by PeterV »

Well, what a great event! Huge congratulations to Ed who had put a lot of thought into this. The treasure hunt, the dinner and the cream tea were brilliant. Ed reminded us that 'it's all about the boats' and a great range of boats were present including a fleet of Lowrider Moths and Finns that the CVRDA has been very influential in encouraging.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Spiderman

Re: Roadford National Rally

Post by Spiderman »

As Peter has already said, “what a great event!”
A big thank you must go to Ed who clearly put a lot of effort into making the event a bit special as befits the 20th Anniversary of the CVRDA. Fantastic to see such a good turnout and a wonderful array of rare and classic boats. I was particularly pleased to see boats like the Pegasus and the Mercury, not to mention the two Harriers all of which represent classes that were never very numerous in the first instance. Again as Peter has pointed out it was good to see good numbers of both the Lowrider Moths and the Classic Finns at Roadford again. The CVRDA and Roadford Lake Sailing Club have both been instrumental in helping these classes establish a classic scene that looks set for a bright future.
Thanks also to Alan for his skills as “Firestarter” for the BBQ , Nessa and Nikky for the polo shirts, Kate and Tula for the delicious Pakoras, Pat and Sandy for being there in spite of not being able sail and anyone else who mucked in and helped make it such an enjoyable weekend.
Hoping to see you all at at least one event next season even if you can only manage Clywedog for the 21st National Rally!
Best Regards and Happy Sailing
Ian and Wendy
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Was fantastic to be back, 20 years on. Ed, great job, great speech at the prize giving. Really enjoyed the mix of events, the food and the socials

Now we have looked back at the last 20 years, we need to look forward to the next 20!
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

The results are now on the website (click Home above) and my photos will be in the gallery later. I'll add Nikky's and the event write up when I get them.

Again my thanks to everyone who made it such a great weekend. To Ed for masterminding and organising the socials, to Alan for all the publicity work (and fire starting), to Nessa and Nikky for clothing us and to everyone who joined in and helped when hands were needed, putting up and taking down marquees, shifting tables, helping on the committee boat and all the other tasks that make the event happen.
CVRDA is about the boats but it's the people that make it work and I look forward to seeing you all again. Thank you.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

As said above 'what a great event'. Ed and EVERYBODY involved in preparing and organising the 20th celebration rally did a really first class job so a big thank you all round. i was sorry we were so slow getting the boat ready for the treasure hunt which, by all account ,went down well.
great to see some familiar faces again too.
Many thanks to all.
Chris and Lois
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Report now on YandY but for some reason Nikky's not been credited for her great photos.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash