Banbury 2021

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Banbury 2021

Post by Pat »

Don't forget Banbury Vintage Open on the 25th Sept. First race 11.00am. You are welcome to stay over to Sunday and race with our club races if you wish.
Please let me know if you will be coming to help us know how much to cater for. We are planning to offer hot lunch and of cause tea/coffee and cakes. If you wish to come Friday please let let me know when you would like to arrive so I can arrange to let you in.
Hope to see lots of you there.
Regards
Tim Bury MR1066.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Pat

Re: Banbury 2021

Post by Pat »

We're going to Banbury and planning to arrive on Friday - afternoon booked off work!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Sam G15

Post by Sam G15 »

Whooo yes, I think it's the albacore again but it may be the moth. I think it'll be the Friday if camping is allowed.
TimBury

Post by TimBury »

Yes camping is OK. I will try to be there from about 6pm to let people in. If you wish to come earlier please let me know.
Thank you
Tim Bury
Gavin4G

Post by Gavin4G »

HI, yes pretty definate, probably british moth if I can obtain a sail outside chance of a skol, doubtful minisail nochance osprey. will aim for friday. Gavin
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Tim,
We will be coming either with or without a boat depending on how quickly my back gets better and would aim to get there sometime on Friday afternoon if that's ok. If I do bring a boat it will be my Shelley Moth and we will be in the usual campervan with Baxter. We would like to stay over till Sunday and maybe join in with the first club race if the conditions are ok. We are both looking forward to coming to Banbury again and seeing you, Pat and the rest of the gang.
Best Regards
Ian
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Unfortunately I don’t think we can come. I have to work on the Saturday.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
chris

Post by chris »

Aiming to come on Friday with Int 14 483, (and camper,) aiming not to capsize her this time!. Only proviso will be the the weather forecast as it will be over 8 hrs round trip.
Looking forward
Chris and Lois
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi all

I have just had a Hospital appointment come through for next Thursday for an operation on my foot so I will not be able to drive for a while.

Will miss seeing everyone.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Gavin4G

Post by Gavin4G »

i bet you are hopping about that. good luck with op..
Gavin4G

Post by Gavin4G »

Hi TIm, Are dogs Ok at Banbury? Ray Andrews a previous Mothie from the 70's and 80's and previous custodian of the skol would like to come over for the day. he is not able to drive at present. Thanks Gavin
TimBury

Post by TimBury »

Hi Gavin, yes dogs are fine (we all love dogs).

We've order a nice breeze (hopefully it will be delivered on the right day). Hot lunch will be available (chilli and baked spuds followed by apple crumble, with a vegie option) and plenty of cakes and tea and coffee.

I will be at the club from 6pm on Friday and the gate will be unlocked but closed so you let yourself in and then close the gate again. If anyone wishes to arrive earlier please ring me on 07840881249 at lease 30 minutes before.

Any problems ring that number.

See you all Saturday.
Tim Bury, Ten-Sixty-Six.
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Tim,
For various reasons
I’m afraid we won’t be able to come after all, hope it’s a great weekend.
All the best
Chris and Lois
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Hi Tim,

I am looking forward to coming to Banbury and have been working on the Mothie community to join us. We now have 8 Moths on their way including Ian and Gavin that have let you know already. Most if not all of them will be pre-75 vintage which is amazing, as a few years ago we didn't think that many had survived!

I hope there is plenty of apple crumble to go around, It's only fair that all Mothies should carry the same weight penalty for the afternoon races :lol:

I will travel over on Friday after work with Camper, I think David Morrice and Graham Cooper are similar.

Best regards
Lyndon
TimBury

Post by TimBury »

That's fantastic Lyndon, it will be great to see so many moths. I'll go and pick some more apples !