AGM - 5. Fixtures

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
Pat

AGM - 5. Fixtures

Post by Pat »

We haven't managed any fixtures this year.
Last edited by Pat on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Re: AGM - 5. Fixtures

Post by PeterV »

As Pat said, no fixtures for this year. I've been fortunate that I've been able to sail from Warsash both informally since May and club racing since July and I took Django out for her only outing this year at a Finn open at Christchurch in September.

We've had few offers for open events for 2021 so please encourage your club to fit us in, otherwise we will have a very sparse calendar. So far we have just Clywedog in August, Banbury in September and Baltic Wharf in October to look forward to.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Pat

Post by Pat »

And Peter's missed out Roadford in July - same weekend as last year carried forward. Some of us have already booked the camping!
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sorry, now added to the list!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
chris

Post by chris »

Fingers are crossed
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Yes it has been a very lean year all round with most events being cancelled or postponed till next season. I did manage to do one event in the RS600 at Grafham, but everything else including our trip to Carnac for the Eurocup had to be cancelled. Bowmoor have been conducting a pursuit race series with a 30 boat limit which has been very popular and the Laser sailors have been doing their own thing on a Saturday with up to 15 boats doing rabbit starts. Casual sailing has also been permitted via a booking system for the available slots. I haven’t been able to speak to the right people about a CVRDA event next year, but will email Tom Whittingham just before the virtual AGM later this month.
Pat

Post by Pat »

So we hope for better things next year. Thanks to all involved in organising events.
AGM now closed but discussions can continue on other posts please.