Wayfarer 371 For Sale - Fully Restored 1961 Woodie

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
TomTrent

Wayfarer 371 For Sale - Fully Restored 1961 Woodie

Post by TomTrent »

Wayfarer 371 'Thalweg' for sale.

With regret it is time for our stunning 1961 Woodie to move on. I have had her for about 8 years and completed a major refit between 2010-2011 including a rebuilt centreboard case by a shipwright (Silver's Marine, receipt to prove). All major structural work was complete and she had a bare-hull strip, fair and repaint as appropriate. The internal areas in the cockpit were epoxied and new 'teak deck' style floorboards made. I tried to keep as much of the original structure intact, preferring natural patina to a 'new build'. I completed the work when I lived up near Helensburgh and once relaunched her performance has been brilliant. I haven't raced her hard, but did update the boat with a decent kicker and dual controls for the sail controls in addition to roller furling. She is fully set up for either cruising or racing, apart from final spinnaker rigging.

I have put a lot of work into this fine boat, but it is time for her to go. She is in stunning condition and comes complete with an excellent combi trailer, a very good set of racing sails, a crispy spinnaker (not fully rigged for skinny - no pole) and a cruising main with reefing points. Epoxy fillets, epoxy internals and international paints throughout she is a cracker. Good Banks cover included, although it is faded.

I have loads of phots of the rebuild-open for viewing near Emsworth, £2195 ono. I hope someone can give her a good home...