Unusual?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Retrace steps and look for garden with fancy clothes pole which was not there on the way to pick it up. Shame that. Hope it didn't cause an accident.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Oops...I have various masts - any idea how long it was?
Rupert
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I too hope that an accident was not caused but it was only when I arrived home that I noticed.

Not sure how long it was, basically a scaffold pole about 6ft long. Otherwise the dinghy looks very sound.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I've a comet topmast that might do the job? I'll measure it later.
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I have a mast from my second beachcomber that you are welcome to borrow to get it rigged and sailing & for measurements.

Best Regards,

Nigel
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

It should be 2 inches diameter, 134 inches long, plugged at both ends with not sure what, but looks a man made material and pretty hard wearing. Top end has a 1/2 inch diameter hole through the tube and the plug for the top rope (hole centre is 1/2 inch from the top) and a bracket to attach the jib. Let me know if you want the use of one to get the boat on the water.

I have noticed a tendency to bend (& stay bent) in F6s+ so if you are sourcing something I would suggest bearing that in mind.

By the way, I have acquired a jib from a Pico. Size looks right but it is pink! At least it will give me an indication of what difference the jib makes.

Best Regards,

Nigel
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Thanks for the info. You wanted the jib measuring which I will do this week.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May