Unusual?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Actually 13', of course, the ebay tapemeasure being as it is. If memory serves right, it is the bigger version of the Seabat, which I think has graced these pages before. Nice playboat, but I suspect inferior to the Minisail on sailing ability.
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi all,

I already have two beachcombers. Lots of fun for not much money. Not really a light airs boat but one you can still sail when everyone else has either gone ashore or capsized. I have not sourced a jib for mine yet (something I was trying to do before Shearwater). Mine's sailing was much improved by the addition of a vang type arrangement to get some tension in the sail. Old money handicap was 115.

Best Regards,

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I have it as 110... 115 probebly fairer on Shearwater, though, for a beach boat!
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Quite possibly 110. I have mislaid the one old book I have that mentions them. I suspect that on a normal day at Shearwater it would need 140 to trouble the scorers but give it a stiff sea breeze and some surf and on a run it will easily stay up with a laser. Not so good to windward but better on one tack than the other due to the lateen rig.

Best Regards,

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

There is a 1/2 page in Burnett's Dinghy Recognition which I may be able to scan and send if you would like?
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Rupert,

that is the book I have mislaid. Same page as the Seabat. One of the oddest dinghy names I think - What actually is a seabat?

Best Regards,

Nigel
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I seem to be the proud owner of this. I hope to collect within the next week or so, £5.50 seems very reasonable!
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

There are still bargains to be had out there I am sure - usual commission rates will apply for notification!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

2%?
Rupert
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

2% sounds ok to me.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Done !!! Mmmmm - think I have been!!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Well done Trevor,

If you need any info or measurements to put all the fittings back on, just give me a shout (I also have the odd spare rudder). I found the vang arrangement I rigged up quite effective so if you want a photo, let me know.

I would very much appreciate some measurements of the jib you have as that is something I have not yet found. The pictures seemed to show some fittings that may have been a gooseneck. If so, a photo and some measurements woud be welcome.

Best regards,

Nigel
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I hope to collect at the weekend or early next week when I have moved J9 off the road trailer. I am slightly concerned that the seller has not replied nor sent an e-bill.

Any information would be very useful. I will measure the jib as soon as I have it.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I collected last night, all present, except that I did not tie the mast on very well - now lost. Anybody have a spare mast?
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140