Famous Boat for sale....

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
jon711

Famous Boat for sale....

Post by jon711 »

Famous boat for sale - but what class is it??? Probably not a classic or lost class but may be all the experts out there may be able to identify..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SAILING-BOAT- ... dZViewItem

Jon
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

The bow job is "texas chainsaw massacre" and the seller is quite optimistic in assuming the bow can be easily reconstructed (how about rebuilding the inner structure....and scarf gluing the side panels when in place and curved....pity because the inside timbers ate beautifully varnished....
another problem is that , probably the plans or templates are lost by now...
roger

Post by roger »

£950 they was robbed.
Wonder if they will buy one of my boats :lol:
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hmmmm,

Though about writing about this one BUT...for the first time in my life, am 'lost' for words!

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Another offence punishable by firing squad. Along with rotary sanders, fibreglass repairs, silicon sealant and the use of steel screws (found one last night - or at least my plane did!!)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

Firing squad is much too good.

How about....first scrape their hands raw....then make then clean up Nitromors (arrggghhhh...can feel that stinging sensation now - tears in the eyes).

Could the boat have once been a Mermaid????

D
David H
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi,
definitely a Mermaid, looks ok inside, maybe I should buy it to get some spares for mine!
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
chris

Post by chris »

DavidH , Surely with your eye for large letters on sails (ie Unit 7) This must be the one for you!
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

AND of course a personalised sail too
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi,
this should be my job really, most knowledge of Mermaids and closest , mind you having two in the cvrda could be interesting I would finally have another boat slow enough to race against!
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

This could be the boat for the older CVRDA member - always getting caught short!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

STEVEB wrote:Hi,
this should be my job really, most knowledge of Mermaids and closest , mind you having two in the cvrda could be interesting I would finally have another boat slow enough to race against!
Steve
Charlie's Mirror is 25 next season, so I hope to bring them both to a couple of events to celebrate. Mind, Saskia the Firefly is 50 in 2009, so she will need to come too. Maybe I need a double trailer!
Rupert
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Mermaid 137 dates from around 1963 so 45ish this year, no idea of the identity of the one on ebay yet
Steve
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Rupert - that will be 107 between our two Fireflies. My 3 boats now have 175 years between them! 1947, and 2 x 1951 build years.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I confess I've been deliberately avoiding getting any other genuinely old boats, on the theory that I enjoy sailing as well as bodging! Of course, I've broken the Int Moth every time I've taken her out, so buying a boat only 38 yrats old hasn't worked very well!
Rupert