Jollyboat for total renovation

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Ed
Site Admin

Jollyboat for total renovation

Post by Ed »

Fairey Jollyboat - Sula

Going free!!

This one is mine, but I think needs to find a new home, I was going to re-build her, but I reckon I have enough on my hands keeping J3 in good condition.

No number for this jollyboat, she was never registered, but some paperwork and photos that suggest she is from the mid to late 50s.

She was a Fairey hull fitted out by the owner in the North East and raced with quite a bit of success at the same club as Samantha - J35 ( I think) - a very successful Jollyboat of the period.

I might have a mast.....but the metal one was horrible and the wooden one was a bit bent (gave it to John&Lyn) when he broke Merlin mast. Do have a metal board and maybe a wooden one, rudder etc. I would have some old sails, but would suggest she would be worth getting some new ones.

She does not have a trailer and trolley has broken too.

She is down here in Cornwall, if anyone wants to come and have a look.

I can dig out some photos, but if anyone is interested in taking her on.

Please do give me a all

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
chris

Re: Jollyboat for total renovation

Post by chris »

The wooden mast (via John and Lyn) is hanging in my workshop. It's not wanted but would be good to reunite it with the boat.
Chris B
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Hi Ed,
She was a Fairey hull fitted out by the owner in the North East and raced with quite a bit of success at the same club as Samantha - J35 ( I think) - a very successful Jollyboat of the period.
Well talk of the devil!!

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F151945

They are both sooo tempting it's torture. Even worse is that wicked pic you posted of the International Canoe. So So Sexy, never mind kissing your sister, I'd almost be prepared to snog Yasser Arafat for that one! (as would Joe Brand as well, when asked what she was prepared to do for the sake of world peace.)

Incidentally how about a progress report on your Bathurst Scull? I pm'ed you some while ago about it and I'm not sure you got my thoughts on it.
Michael Brigg
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I did the final coat of varnish on J9 last night. It was a battle with the army of flying bugs that seemed to want to land on my wet varnish but however it looks when dry will have to do as the weather is too nice to miss any more sailing time.
Harrier 25
505 7163