Pegasus 166 and mint condition Boson sails

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
pegasus

Pegasus 166 and mint condition Boson sails

Post by pegasus »

The time has come to pass on Peggy 166 i am due to go to uni soon and have not found the time to sail her this season, i have raced her often in the past and can be very competitive though never in my hands! :roll:

Its a lovely boat to sail the controls are very light and she always draws attention, it has a trapeze and convsional spinnaker with no shoot (as they were designed) ill be very said to see this go but i dont want it to sit in storage for 4 years.

Loads of people have seen this boat its a great club racer with a handicap the same as a laser it great fun and a handicap bandit

She was fully rebuilt in 2004 i think, she is believed to have a Mauroder 14 mast and possibly sails to, these i am told are very close to the correct size for the boat
She has a 505 kite which is HUGE i think its too big to use unless u are very confident i was told this is the correct size or very close to, but im not so sure alot of people agree that it is right and alot more say its not!

She is quite well know in the cvrda and has raced often at one point was being raced more than once a week,

She has a full set of rigging plus a brand new set of Albacore (edit boson) sails White which have only be used once the jib from the albacore is not really any use though, there is also a set of used red sails these have been used to race with and are fine but abit wore

The boat is ready to sail and comes with a 2year old mast up cover and combi trailer with new tyres

I would prefer to sell to someone on here but will list it else where in a few weeks

im open to offers on what you think its worth.

EDIT: the white sails are boson sails not albacore, i will split for the right price
Last edited by pegasus on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Re: Pegasus 166

Post by pegasus »

Updated with some pictures i can get closeups if requested

Cherub 2646 Madge
greg sheppard

Post by greg sheppard »

Hi Pegasus
I have Albacore 536 and looking for a good set of second hand sails. any chance of selling your sails seperately?
Greg
greg sheppard

Post by greg sheppard »

Hi Pegasus
I have Albacore 536 and I'm looking for an excellent condition set of sails for her. any chance of selling yours seperately?
Greg
07970 821859
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Quick update of pics i can get more of specific area's just let me know
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Re: Pegasus 166 and mint condition albacore sails

Post by pegasus »

Heres the albacore sails made by R+J of Clevedon
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Re: Pegasus 166 and mint condition Boson sails

Post by pegasus »

going on fleaBay next week im looking for offers on all of it for around £400 :cry:
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Ebay linky http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pegasus-sailing-d ... 286.c0.m14

Item Number 280265029159
Cherub 2646 Madge
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Greg

Can I make a suggestion. Go back into ebay and edit your listing. Change your first picture ie the gallery one into one of the boat sailing - take the one of the Fleet which you have in the list and crop the image and then put it as the gallery picture. You have a nice boat but it's not so impressive with a cover on. First impressions and all that!! All the best with the sale.
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Thanks for that gary ive updated the listing :lol: and get the pictures loaded in rather than the links.
Cherub 2646 Madge
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

That's much better!! A picture speaks a thousand words and the pictures you have in the listing ar ereally good but the first impression is important. I have tried to sell stuff on ebay and got no response. The re-listing was in the same category but described slightly differently with another photo and I got loads of bids - weird but I guess that's why occasionally there are ebay bargains - an item which doesn't catch the eye or appeal to a wide audience.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

There is probably a PhD thesis in there somewhere. If people see a picture of it sailing they imagine themselves sailing it. Wierd but true :).

Nigel
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Quick up date:

The Pegasus gone its going to be used as a club boat at Fratton park sc (thames) they have ents and Gps for club boats also, so should be well looked after, was a sad day seeing it go but hopefully ill see it again in the future

I do still have the boson sails if anyone is interested they are taking up space at the new house so am willing to let them go for a reasonable amount they are like new.
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Have you put an ad on the Bosun website?!
Rupert
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Do they have one? i looked but couldnt find it :?:
Cherub 2646 Madge