Too good to miss.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Michael Brigg

Too good to miss.

Post by Michael Brigg »

Magnificent. Don't know how these performed, but looks very serviceable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INTERNATIONAL-FOU ... 2a04ddf83e

I'm going to get a cold shower....

Any comments? History anyone?
Michael Brigg
Nessa

Re: Too good to miss.

Post by Nessa »

I want it.

But you knew I would say that.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

A very close relation to Agamemnon.
Someone who'll do more than post about it should get it. Those bags of goodies will be full of surprises too.
Simples.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Nice one. But still hoping that someone will turn up Audacity 732 for me.
Cheers Al
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

The Proctor V International 14 Hull was the last trult "pretty" Int' 14 hull wasn't it. As the rigs got more powerful and then trapezes the hulls got more Chined, bumped and bulgy.
Simples.
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Ancient Geek wrote:A very close relation to Agamemnon.
Someone who'll do more than post about it should get it. Those bags of goodies will be full of surprises too.
I say, a bit harsh there?!

Suggest someone gets AG on the wire at Oulton Week and dips him in to windward! :) :shock: :lol:
Michael Brigg
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Not really, only maybe not very subtly that there is no point in "projects" just changing hands and not being done. They just go from bad to worse and might as well go straight to the bonfire, and this Int 14 is far too good for that. As to trapezed I have never trapezed, I have not in living memory crewed in any boat, never in a dinghy. So I regret that opportunity will not be there, however if Michael will come to Oulton Week then I might just might be persuaded if a suitable conveyance can be found.
Simples.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

I need a trapeze crew on the Oulton Rater!!!!
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Michael Brigg wrote:
Ancient Geek wrote:A very close relation to Agamemnon.
I say, a bit harsh there?!

Suggest someone gets AG on the wire at Oulton Week and dips him in to windward! :) :shock: :lol:
Thank you Michael. Agamemnon has not changed hands, nor will he/she. I suspect if AG faced the same economic realities as the rest of us he might be a little more understanding.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Hi Nessa. As you know I have always been very jealous about Aggamemnon. :evil:

AG has got a point, in that the best way of preserving a boat is to use it, and at some point one has to grasp the nettle and get on with the project. Its a bit like the Diamond cutter faced with making the first facet on the Koh i Nor.

Having said that, a treasured project wrapped in a secure but well ventilated tarpaulin, or shut away in a dry garage will do alot better than a boat that has been left in the field, or like this boat in a draughty damp barn on top of a pond molding.

This boat needs some love, and a jolly good clean. There may be a much better hull under there than is evident in the pictures, and it could be an easier project I tink than first glances might suggest.
Michael Brigg
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

CVRDA.
I seem to have hit a few nerves for which I am sorry.
Non of us are immune from financial constraints however:
The thesis is that it is better to do one thing well and in a timely manner than to dash all over the place collecting things and then unable to do anything with them, because of time and financial constraints, and then their deteriorating further.

Michael is quite right in his last post, as to safe keeping for posterity and we should all look to our posterity, this one is too good to let go, had I the space in the UK I would bid and store it for someone to do up, I think Walnut Shells would clean it up easily enough! Those McCutcheon built boats were well built using high quality veneer. Looks like old two pack peeling in the varnish stakes!
Simples.
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

Jon,
Thank you for your kind offer, however I celebrated my 40th by jumping out of a perfectly servicable aeroplane, my 50th by jumping off a tower attached by elastic, and my bus pass by having a new knee, I have no intention of doing anything beyond living, and posting on the CVRDA, that makes me look more ridiculous than I am.
Simples.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Judging from the number of toilet rolls stacked up in the background in some of the photos of the International 14 on ebay this must have been a very scary boat to sail!! I am sure that when done up she would be a lovely looking boat but honestly, Satan is well behind me and I am giving up epoxy, varnish, sanding etc for Lent.
roger

Post by roger »

A truly lovely boat but as I am barely able to commit time(or money) to Shoestring at present and the family geep hasnt seen water for over a year I feel I cant take another boat on. Otherwise I would be bidding against you all.

Nessa get your practice in on the Marauder and then take your time with Aggememnon. She will be worth the wait and we all look forward to seeing her on the water. Better she lies in the dry with nothing happening but cared for while you pluck up the courage to make a start. Of course the alternative is to move near to well known piano and harpsichord restorer and stalk him for advice and help.

ps I think its a sheep dip the fourteen is sitting on.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nessa take heart - it was November 2006 when I bought the fat Merlin 3434 and she's still in the workshop unfinished. We hope it will be worth the wait but know that a well sorted boat will always sell if we end up not getting on with it.

Somehow other items always get dumped on/into boats in the workshop which become nicknamed "the skip" and the extra width of the Merlin yielded a particularly good haul when cleared out. I'll publish the list on banter later!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)